Financial Crimes Specialist (On Site)
At Neo, we’re disrupting the future of finance. What matters most to us is challenging the status quo and providing a better financial future for all Canadians. We’re working every day to reinvent the way Canadians spend, save, and grow their money - all together, in one place. We’re creating a seamless digital experience, with the modern-day features you’ve come to expect. Our products speak for themselves - the Neo card was voted the best cash-back card in Canada and the Neo Money account was voted the best bank account in Canada.
Backed by world-class investors, we’ve raised $299M and are one of a few Canadian tech companies that have reached ‘unicorn’ status - valued at over $1B. Check out the full story here.
About The Team:
Our Fincrimes team navigates through a fast-paced environment and knows how to switch gears to adapt to any scenario. They’re motivated leaders who want to make things better, simpler, and stronger. Make your mark with transformative products and technologies, alongside some of Canada’s most successful leaders and tech minds.
About The Role:
Neo Financial has an opportunity for a full-time Fincrimes Operations Specialist to join the team in Calgary. The Fincrimes Operations Specialist is part of the Risk and Compliance team; a team dedicated to the proactive and reactive detection of fraudulent and anti-money laundering activity to protect Neo customers while delivering an exceptional customer experience.
What you'll be doing:
- Sift through data, alerts, and reporting to find patterns of unusual behavior in transactions that could indicate suspicious activity
- Translate these patterns of activity into ad-hoc strategies to block and prevent fraudulent activity
- Develop insights to identify fraud and AML trends across Neo's customer base
- Review suspicious events and identify where additional information is required to onboard customers
- Work closely with the Fincrimes Business Analyst team to provide real-time protection for our customers and Neo against fraud, anti-money laundering, and financial crimes
- Investigate system alerts and escalations from the customer experience team to identify instances of fraud and financial crimes (e.g. money laundering)
- Submit cases to regulators, financial institution partners, and law enforcement for potential legal and/or criminal charges
Who we're looking for:
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment
- Intellectually curious, and enjoys asking questions to identify the root cause of problems
- Adept with navigating intermediate computer systems and engines
- Capable of visually identifying and communicating patterns that do not fit known event patterns.
- University Degree in Business, Economics, Engineering, Statistics, or other relevant fields is an asset
- Experience in fraud and financial crime detection and/or anti-money laundering is an asset
- Experience with BI platforms and data visualization tools (PowerBI, Tableau, Domo, Qlik, etc.) is an asset
What will help you succeed:
- You are able to put yourself in the shoes of criminals and try to think as they do so you can better defend against them
- You are highly analytical, have strong attention to detail, and the ability to tackle complex problems
- You have a keen attention to detail, and like digging into the weeds to find the source of a problem
- You have entrepreneurial DNA - you're excited to build a business from the ground up, are comfortable making decisions in the face of ambiguity, and aren't discouraged by the inevitable challenges that will arise along the way
- You take ownership of your work and outcomes
- You're an effective communicator with strong organizational skills
- You’re passionate about building world-class products with a world-class team
About applying with us:
At Neo, you’ll be working with industry-leading technology that changes the way we live and redefines Canada’s financial future. It’s a serious deal, and we’re building a high-performance, mission-driven, and fast-paced team that strives to make a difference in every Canadian's life. We value personal growth, autonomy, leadership at all levels, and the ability to learn quickly from mistakes. We’re a team: in it together, always. Join a world-class team building truly disruptive technology, right here in the Canadian prairies.
Benefits of working at Neo:
Flexible Compensation Scenarios - the ability to choose your base salary and equity combination
Meaningful Equity - employees are owners. When the company succeeds, you do too
Extended Health Benefits - comprehensive health and dental coverage that starts on day one
Wellness Benefits - complimentary access to Headspace and FitOn Pro subscriptions
Paid Maternity & Parental Leave - company top-up and 100% benefits coverage while you’re away
Modern Office Space - our newly renovated headquarters in Calgary and Winnipeg is prime for collaboration and innovation
Learning Events - all-company huddles, product demo days, guest speakers, and more
Neo Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We are excited to meet with and hire the top talent out there. Successful candidates for this position will be required to undergo a security screening, including a criminal records check, and may require a credit check.