Senior Analyst, Quality Assurance
At Neo, we’re disrupting the future of finance. What matters most to us is challenging the status quo and providing a better financial future for all Canadians. We’re working everyday to reinvent the way Canadians spend, save, and grow their money - all together, in one place. We’re creating a seamless digital experience, with the modern day features you’ve come to expect. Our products speak for themselves - the Neo card was voted best cash back card in Canada and the Neo Money account was voted best bank account in Canada.
Backed by world class investors, we’ve raised $299M and are one of a few Canadian tech companies that have reached ‘unicorn’ status - valued over $1B. Check out the full story here.
Neo Financial is looking for a full-time Senior Quality Assurance Analyst to join our team in Calgary, AB.
A successful Senior Quality Assurance Analyst at Neo has mastery over all types of testing. Be able to balance hands-on testing with improving our test strategy, test planning, bug prioritization, and test automation. Set the bar for quality excellence. You will lead large testing initiatives, write integration and end-to-end test code, mentor others testers, more. This is a role for someone who loves QA and believes it’s as important a role as any other on the team.
Our Quality Assurance team casts a wide net of problem solvers and self-starters who push themselves to delight the customers and add value to business. They see the big picture, constantly seek skill development, knock down business barriers, are energized by fast-paced work, and can adjust their footing swiftly on any given day. Make your mark with transformative products and technologies, alongside some of Canada’s most successful developers and tech minds.
What You'll Be Doing
- Lead the testing initiatives of large projects involving multiple teams, complex systems, and quick timelines
- Write and promote integration and end-to-end testing with thorough consideration of different layers of the test pyramid
- Design and build scalable, maintainable automation frameworks, and mentor others on efficient testing and automation strategies
- Identify and highlight risks in our frontend and backend systems to proactively prevent bugs
- Identify gaps in testing and participate in improving tooling that can assist testing
- Lead code reviews and share in-depth, constructive feedback
- Set the pace and the bar as one of our most hands-on testers
- Participate in community events and interviews
- Strong experience in building and maintaining integration and end-to-end test automation suites of large, complex applications involving web, mobile apps, and micro services
- Experience leading testing initiatives of large projects and eager to take on new challenges
- Expertise in any programming language and databases (TypeScript is a bonus), and excited to learn our tech stack
- Experience with Git and CI / CD tools
- Strong testing mindset, customer oriented, and advocates for quality of products and processes
- Familiarity with accessibility testing, performance testing, etc. is a bonus
- Mentors others, leads by example, and helps the team continuously improve
- Ability to stay on track even when juggling multiple competing requests
- Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada and willing to relocate to Calgary
About applying with us
At Neo, you’ll be working with industry-leading technology that changes the way we live and redefines Canada’s financial future. It’s a serious deal, and we’re building a high performance, mission-driven, and fast-paced team that strives to make a difference in every Canadian's life. We value personal growth, autonomy, leadership at all levels, and the ability to learn quickly from mistakes. We’re a team: in it together, always. Join a world class team building truly disruptive technology, right here in the Canadian prairies.
Neo Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We are excited to meet with and hire the top talent out there. Successful candidates for this position will be required to undergo a security screening, including a criminal records and credit check