Software Test Developer (Intermediate Level)
The Software Test Developer II has industry experience in test automation, both development and execution. They are able to create and maintain automated tests and coach other team members in those tasks.
The NAVBLUE Software Factory is an agile environment, and teams are expected to be cross-functional. The duties of the Software Test Developer II include not only executing test-based activities but also providing guidance to other team members as they execute test-based activities. They are the resource that other team members can rely on to validate testing strategies, plan appropriate test coverage, and review test implementation. They will also be involved in non-test activities as the team requires, including grooming and development activities.
Testing environments can include multiple platforms (Windows, Linux, MacOS, Android, and iOS) and multiple layers of testing (REST and SOAP services, browser-based, other GUI types). Testing will cover both functional and non-functional requirements. Experience converting manual test cases into automated tests is a definite advantage.
- Maintain and extend NAVBLUE's common automated testing framework
- Plan, design, and implement automated tests using Python for a variety of APIs and GUIs
- Ensure test sets verify SW requirements and functional specifications
- Design, maintain and extend a variety of automated test plans, potentially including smoke, sanity, and regression suites
- Mentor team members in their automation efforts
- Perform non-test-related team activities as required
- Monitor, investigate, and resolve test failures in order to maintain a reliable set of test results
- Degree or diploma in Computer Science or similar discipline
- 4+ years development automated functional tests
- 2+ years development experience, ideally (but not necessarily) in Python
- Experience with CI systems, especially Jenkins and Artifactory
- Docker (or other container technology) experience
- Experience writing unit tests and refactoring code to make it testable
- Behaviour based testing languages like Gherkin
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English
- Multiple Platforms: Windows, Linux, MacOS, Android and iOS
- Multiple layers of testing: REST and SOAP services, browser-based, other GUI types
Annual Salary: $80,000 - $85,000
Benefits: Comprehensive benefit package including health, dental, life insurance, AD&D, RRSP matching program)
How to Apply:
Candidates who are interested in joining the NAVBLUE team are invited to submit their resume and cover letter, highlighting their work experiences and skills via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for applying. Only selected applicants will be contacted.
NAVBLUE, an Airbus company, welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations will be available on request for candidates throughout the entire recruitment and selection process
NAVBLUE, an Airbus Company, is a leading global provider of flight operations solutions, including aeronautical charts, navigation data solutions, flight planning, aircraft performance software (take-off/landing, weight and balance), and crew planning solutions. These products directly support millions of flights each year and help NAVBLUE customers maximize efficiency, reduce costs, ensure compliance with complex national and international safety regulations, and effectively deliver their services.
Through digital and collaborative innovation, our passionate and customer-focused team develops solutions to enhance the safety and efficiency of air transport. Over the last few years, Airbus has been supportive of various initiatives such as Going Digital, Performance Based Navigation Services, Air Traffic Management Modernization Programs, FlySmart on iOS and other digital projects related to new aircraft technologies; the launch of NAVBLUE was therefore a natural step to further develop its Flight Operations and Air Traffic Management Portfolio.
NAVBLUE is a fully owned subsidiary of Services by Airbus, fueled by the agility of Airbus ProSky and Navtech (acquired in 2016), and the pioneering spirit of Airbus, NAVBLUE was created in July 2016 with one mission: lead aviation into the digital age.
NAVBLUE is based in Hersham (UK), Cardiff (UK), Toulouse (France), Waterloo, ON (Canada), Bangkok (Thailand) and Malmö (Sweden), with other offices all around the world.