VP of Sales and Marketing
Marketing & Communications, Sales & Business Development
Posted on Friday, February 2, 2024
Hello. Is it YOU we’re looking for?
Cozy greetings from the Mysa team! We’re a company founded on people-first culture, fueled by our mission to lead the global shift toward electrification. Through the creation of life-simplifying smart HVAC controls for homes and businesses, we’re helping our customers save energy, money, and the planet we share.
We are looking for an experienced VP of Sales & Marketing to join our team in St. John’s NL or remotely. The VP of Sales and Marketing will report directly to our CEO and collaboratively build and execute strategic plans to achieve annual revenue growth targets while setting a course toward long term profitable earnings growth. The successful candidate will lead the Sales and Marketing teams to maximize revenue targets and foster a positive brand image for the company.
- Owning the P&L of all revenue generating functions across the organization
- Forecasting annual sales budgets and ensuring the company is tracking towards budget
- Coaching and developing direct reports to optimize performance
- Strategic resourcing of marketing and sales teams, determining highest impact roles and team structure to maximize revenue targets
- Aligning all revenue generating activities to ensure cohesion across branding, advertising, sales channels, and partnerships
- Ensuring all revenue functions have a clear road map (strategies and KPIs)
- Owning specific company level KPIs including 4-quarter forecasting
- Ensuring the customer’s experience, needs, and wants are clearly and regularly communicated to Product Development and Engineering functions, while also protecting the Mysa brand throughout the product development roadmap.
Who You Are:
- Approximately 15 years of experience in a senior management position within the sales and marketing function
- Experience with B2C marketing and sales ideally in consumer electronics
- Experience in forecasting annual sales budgets
- Demonstrated ability to coach and develop direct reports to optimize their performance
- Experience in aligning all revenue-generating activities, including branding, advertising, sales channels, and partnerships
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to execute at a high level independently
- Proven ability to develop clear roadmaps for revenue functions, including strategies and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Commitment to protecting and enhancing the company's brand
- Must be knowledgeable about industry trends, best practices, and change management.
More About Mysa
Since entering the North American market in 2018, our thoughtfully-designed-in-Canada smart thermostats for electric heating or cooling have been warmly welcomed into customers’ homes and hearts, garnering thousands of 5-star reviews. Recognized as a leading employer in the booming Canadian tech sector, we were named the 2022 Tech Company of the Year by Tech NL, and one of Atlantic Canada’s Top Employers in 2023.
By creating innovative smart home tech to help our now-global customer base use their home and business energy more efficiently, we’re living our mission to fight climate change and build our electric future.
Why Join Our Team?
Simply put, it’s all about you. We recognize and respect you as an expert in your field, and support you as you grow and thrive in your role. At Mysa, we’re proud to provide perks like:
- Flexible paid vacation
- Flexible working environment
- Competitive compensation structure
- Annual salary increases
- Employee Stock Option Plan
- Comprehensive Group Health Benefit Plan
- Employer-matched RRSPs or 401K
- Maternity & Parental Leave Top-Up Program
- Training & Development Allowance Program
- Health & Wellness Allowance Program
- Smart Home Tech Credit & In-Office Tech Allowance
Mysa is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting diversity and inclusion across race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, and all things that make us different and wonderful. Your application to this posting is deemed consent to the collection, use, and necessary disclosure of personal information to facilitate our recruitment process. We respect the confidentiality and privacy of all of our applicants.
Interested in this role, but unsure if your “on-paper” qualifications match? Apply anyway — we’re always looking for team members who break the mold.
Thanks for considering Mysa as your future work home. We’re excited to get to know you.