Accounting & Finance
St. John's, NL, Canada
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
Say hello to the Mysa team!
The grass really is greener over here. Why? Most importantly, we’ve built a company that’s based on a people-first culture. We encourage (like, really encourage) work-life flexibility, and we’re all about employee recognition. We believe that we do exceptional work when we’re encouraged to play and we’re proud that our team members brag about their jobs to their friends. Of course there’s lots of perks too!
We are looking for a Junior Accountant to join our Finance team in St. John’s, NL to help deliver key results to internal and external stakeholders. The ideal candidate will thrive in a dynamic environment and have a passion for continuous improvement.
What you will do:
- Verify and process invoices, prepare payments, and ensure accurate records are maintained
- Prepare and issue customer invoices and follow up on outstanding receivables
- Prepare month-end journal entries and reconciliations, including bank reconciliations, balance sheet reconciliations, and other general ledger reconciliations
- Investigate and resolve stakeholder inquires as they arise
- Assist with ad-hoc financial reporting and analysis as needed
Who you are:
- Post secondary graduate with a concentration or diploma in accounting
- 2+ years of experience in a similar role
- Experienced with Netsuite, Shopify and Amazon Sellers Central
- Experience with payroll processing would be an asset
- Proficiency in Excel and/or G Suite
- Strong attention to detail and good organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Since entering the market in 2018, Mysa Smart Thermostats have been warmly welcomed into customers’ homes, earning thousands of 5-star reviews. We've been recognized for many awards, most recently being named Tech NL's 2022 Tech Company of the Year, as well as one of Atlantic Canada's Top Employers of 2023!
Our mission is to fight climate change! As the premier Canadian-designed smart thermostats for heating and cooling, Mysa creates thoughtful, innovative technology to help our family of customers across North America stay comfortable and save money by using home energy more efficiently. To help us build a greener, more sustainable future, we’re creating an ecosystem of energy-saving smart thermostats and fostering a unique, people-first company culture that brings out the very best in our team.
What’s in it for you?
- A rewarding career path that helps you learn, grow, and showcase your talent
- An environment in which you are recognized and appreciated for what you do
- Unlimited paid vacation (Yep. Unlimited. Paid. Vacation (within reason, of course!)
- Flexible environment (work from a coffee shop, a blanket fort, or your home - wherever you’re most comfortable)
- Flexible hours (no set ‘office hours’— you work 40 hours per week and meet your role requirements)
- Training and Development Allowance Program
- Health and Wellness Allowance Program
- Competitive salary structure
- Annual salary increases
- Employee Stock Option Purchase Plan
- Comprehensive Group Health, Dental and Vision Benefit Plan
- Employer-matched RRSPs
- Maternity & Parental Leave Top-Up Program
Feeling intrigued? Enticed? Here are some extra perks:
- Modern, open, fun office environment (we work hard, but we’re not scared of a good time)
- Dynamic downtown location with free parking
- Fun, quarterly team-building events
- New pair of high-quality noise reducing headphones
- Innovative workflow software and technology (we’re major Slackers — internal communications have never been more awesome)
Simply put, we know that people are the heart of our business and we appreciate your unique qualities and diverse experiences. If this opportunity sounds amazing and you feel that you’re a great fit for most of the listed criteria, you should apply — we value individual abilities over a profile on paper.
Mysa is an equal opportunity employer focused on promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We value diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us all different. Your application to this posting is deemed to be consent to the collection, use, and necessary disclosure of personal information to facilitate our recruitment process. We respect the confidentiality and privacy of all of our applicants.
Thanks for thinking about making Mysa your work home. We look forward to getting to know you.
See more open positions at Mysa
Something looks off?