Please apply directly here.
MoveMate is currently seeking a highly skilled Junior Operations Coordinator to join our growing team. As a Junior Operations Coordinator, you will work directly with the COO and Operations Manager as a key member of the operations team. You will help ensure all moves are completed, “Mates” are on boarded effectively and new city expansions run smoothly. You will work with a dynamic team with changing requirements, where you will improve your problem-solving and interpersonal skills.
Within this role, you will also be able to expand your knowledge on the startup sphere, and engage in meaningful conversations with MoveMate’s founders and managers through our training sessions, workshops, and happy hours. The role is a hybrid position that allows the Junior Operations Coordinator to work from either Montreal or Toronto on-site for a minimum of three days per week.
The ideal candidate is a competitive self-starter that thrives in a fast-paced environment. This position entails organizational skills, customer service skills and quick thinking.
Your key day-to-day operations include:
- Coordinating the onboarding and training process for new contractors
- Providing ongoing support and guidance to contractors to ensure their success
- Conducting market research and analyzing data to inform expansion strategies
- Managing invoicing and payment processes for contractors
- Identifying opportunities for improvement and implementing new processes to increase efficiency
- Supervising quality control efforts to ensure contractors are meeting high standards of service
- Working closely with the operations team lead to optimize contractor retention through regular feedback and idea generation
What we are looking for
We are looking for highly motivated individuals that are willing to work hard, learn and grow exponentially. Candidates must be people-oriented, flexible and able to adapt to new situations frequently.
- Bachelor's degree or at least in second year of bachelor’s degree
- Experience with customer support
- Experience with data entry
- Proficient with Google Drive tools
- Experience hiring and managing people
- Lead experience
- Previous experience in operations, logistics or recruiting is preferred
- Fluency in both French and English (both verbal and written) is required
Additional Qualifications (good to have):
- Experience working with a small/agile team in the past
- Experience working in a startup or high-growth environment.
- Experience with project management methodologies, such as agile or scrum
- Willingness to learn and adapt
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Generous stock option package
- Telehealth medicine service including free mental health and wellness treatment
- MoveMate merchandise
- Happy hour every Thursday
- Birthday treats to celebrate you
- Office perks depending on office location
- Breakfast, snacks, and hot drinks everyday
- Free lunch provided every Thursday
- Public game room
Please apply directly here.
At MoveMate, we strive to become the go-to app for moving and delivery of large objects across North-America.
We have created a two-sided marketplace that connects individuals and businesses with a moving or delivery need with independent contractors called “Mates” that have the tools, the manpower, and the vehicle necessary to facilitate the service.
MoveMate is revolutionizing the way large items are delivered to both businesses and consumers in North-America. Since launching in 2019, revenue growth has been substantial. We have quintupled our revenue in 2022 and are well on track for continued success in the future. We pride ourselves on our innovative approach and use of technology to streamline the delivery process for our clients.
Our team is made up of dynamic, driven individuals who are passionate about making a difference in the logistics industry. We offer a fast-paced and collaborative work environment where you will have the opportunity to make a real impact on the growth of the company.
At MoveMate, we pride ourselves on staying true to our values at all times. We are constantly re-evaluating these principles to ensure that they reflect the culture we seek to maintain.
At MoveMate, we train our employees to harness their entrepreneurial spirit to spur innovation and problem-solving that will continuously improve our products and services, and enable quick thinking when our clients need assistance. Employees are given significant autonomy with the understanding that additional sweat is compensated with additional reward.
At MoveMate, our sweat-equity framework succeeds because our team believes in MoveMate’s vision; they understand that their work is a part of a larger ambition of what the world can become: efficient and eco-friendly. MoveMate pictures a world where businesses and customers will use MoveMate to transport their goods due to our advanced logistical capabilities that will reduce road congestion and optimize delivery routes to ensure that all cars and trucks are traveling full. We want to make an impact globally by contributing to the creation of smarter cities that take a multidimensional approach to sustainability.
MoveMate is committed to being open and honest about all aspects of our services. It is our objective to make every part of our booking process and our pricing model transparent so that our clients know exactly what they are being charged and why, as well as how to properly prepare for a move.
At MoveMate, we have committed ourselves to diversifying our workplace at the executive, managerial, consultant, and analyst/intern levels. We recognize the value of having a variety of perspectives at our table, and understand that having a representation of diverse backgrounds, cultures, and races at our firm incites higher creativity and engagement, and ensures that both our employees and clients feel safe and at-home within our spaces.
Commitment to Clients
At MoveMate, we value the trust of our partners and clients, and aim to go above and beyond no matter the circumstance. As our firm continues to grow, we are dedicated to positioning our business around solving moving and delivery pains while making sure that our product remains meaningful. We engage in personalized follow-ups with every client to gain feedback on their experience, and actively work to make sure that all their pain points are relieved.
By providing our employees seminars and workshops, we encourage our employees to strive toward their professional goals and show our devotion to their personal development.
Please apply directly here.
Something looks off?