3D Printing Test Engineer
Hi there! We’re looking for a process driven teammate with strong 3D printing background to help run our materials testing and sample printing processes.
--- The Company and Product ---
Mosaic is a venture-backed 3D printing technology company. Our goal is to bring 3D printing to the factory floor by reducing the total cost per print hour, and introducing the first scalable solution for polymer based 3D printing. You can learn more about our ecosystem here: www.mosaicmfg.com
We entered the industry six years ago with a goal to become the go-to solution for multi-material 3D printing. Today, we’re the most widely adopted multi-material 3D printing technology. Our team recently introduced Array and Element, allowing us to bring 3D printing to the factory floor.
Watch our recent Virtual Product Launch here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iWrXbD0f9w
--- The Role ---
As Mosaic's 3D Printing Test Engineer you will take the lead on printing a number of different sample parts with our Element and Array products. These sample parts will help tune our printers for specific materials, and will also be sent out to customers as sample prints for marketing and sales purposes. You'll be the driving force behind creating high quality prints for our sales and marketing leads, as well as ensuring that our printing and material profiles are tuned and ready to ship.
You will be asked to draw on your creativity and your technical skills to create the most efficient processes possible, ensuring high throughput and minimal downtime. You will become a power user of Array and Element, and will pass on your feedback directly to our engineering team.
In this role, you will:
- iterate on printing profiles for various materials in order to increase output quality from Array and Element
- print sample parts to be sent out to our potential customers to illustrate the quality of output in various materials
- work to document and pass on feedback to our technical team for any bugs or issues you experience in the printing process
--- Top candidates for this role probably… ---
- have strong oral and written communication skills
- have a strong background and experience with FDM 3D printing
- love to solve creative and technical problems
- are methodical and detailed oriented
- are organized and good at multi-tasking
- want to gain experience working with advanced manufacturing technology
- have an undergraduate degree in engineering
- comfortrable travelling regularly outside of Canada
--- You’ll probably think about... ---
- how to optimize printing profiles to get the highest quality results
- how to best capture and relay product feedback to the rest of our engineering team
- please include &quot;Hi, I actually read the post!&quot; at the top of your note if you&#39;re applying
- how to setup printing processes to most effectively turn out a high volume of sample parts
--- After 12 months on the job, you can expect to have: ---
- gained significant experience with 3D printing, and a deep understanding of various parts of the Array and Element systems
- printed thousands of sample models to help illustrate the quality of output from Element and Array
- developed processes for documentation, improvements and tracking printing success rates
- gained first-hand experience at a rapidly scaling technology startup, and learned entrepreneurial skills in the process
- built a network of top-tier engineers (mechanical, mechatronics, firmware, software), business people, advisors, industry experts, etc.
- Palette Coverage from Adam Savage’s Tested.com: http://youtu.be/uecY5ikWdCI
- A reddit post about a Palette print: http://redd.it/4ttx40 (this post shows a little bit about how we interact with customers); more at our Mosaic user group on Facebook at http://mm3d.co/fb
- Potential stock option compensation
- Questions? Drop us a line! [email hidden] (Manmeet Singh)