Supply Chain and Finance Manager
Hi there! We’re looking for a teammate who is well-organized, detail oriented and an effective communicator to help keep our operations moving smoothly. This role is perfect for someone who wants to learn the ins and outs of managing projects across different teams, co-ordinating with external parties, and understand what goes into managing and running a company's finances. This is normally an in-office/hybrid role but due to COVID, will be working from home until it is safe to be back.
--- COMPANY & PRODUCT ---
Mosaic is a venture-backed 3D printing technology company. Our goal is to bring 3D printing to the factory floor by reducing the total cost per print hour, and introducing the first scalable solution for polymer based 3D printing.
We entered the industry eight years ago with a goal to become the go-to solution for multi-material 3D printing. Today, we’re the most widely adopted multi-material 3D printing technology. Our team recently introduced Array and Element, allowing us to bring 3D printing to the factory floor.
Watch our Virtual Product Launch here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iWrXbD0f9w
--- THE ROLE ---
The Supply Chain and Finance Coordinator's core responsibility is helping to make sure our projects, inventory and finances s are tracked and monitored properly. Mosaic works with a number of government organizations to help fund our Research and Development (R&D) projects. This role will revolve around the tracking and reporting of finances for these projects, tracking project progress, and updating the various government organizations that fund Mosaic's R&D projects. You will work with our engineering and sales teams to ensure that our inventory is planned properly. Finally, you will work with our COO to coordinate and track Mosaic's overall financial position and projections. We'll teach you our current tracking and management process, and you will have flexibility and autonomy to modify this process within reasonable bounds.
We'll teach you how to perform all of these responsibilities, including:
- coordinating budgets and managing finances across multiple R&D projects
- organizing payments, tracking finances, and working with our executive team to stay on top of our company's costs
- coordinating and communicating project progress to external organizations
- managing gantt charts and tracking progress across different product lines
- working with our sales and product teams to ensure we are on top of inventory ordering and projections
- coordinating with other parties to track progress on partner research and development
- occasionally wearing other hats
--- Strong candidates for this role probably… ---
- are well-organized, detail and process oriented
- have good written communication skills (including good grammar, conciseness, and using active verb tenses)
- have experience managing finances and tracking costs
- are comfortable and proficient with Google Sheets/Excel
- are interested in new technologies
- please include something like "I read the post :)" at the top of your note when applying
- have worked in Senior Consultant or Senior Associate roles in the past
- an ability to analyze, interpret and present financial information to relevant stakeholders, both internal and external
--- After 12 months on the job, you can expect to have: ---
- learned and developed processed for managing and tracking projects and finances in an organization
- learned the ins and outs of additive manufacturing, and gained an understanding of one of the world's most innovative industries
- gained first-hand experience at a rapidly scaling technology startup, and learned a plethora of skills during the process
- built a network of top-tier engineers (mechanical, mechatronics, firmware, software), business people, advisors, industry experts, etc.
- gained experience in the financial management process at a scaling company, working with management to set hiring plans, sales goals, budgets, and overall financial strategy
--- Other ---
- Mosaic offers health & dental benefits as well as a benefit for the purchase of laptops, and other work related technology
- Hybrid work environment. Team members must be located within Toronto / GTA, training and onboarding will be in office; however, steady state can be done either fully in office, hybrid, or WFH.
Questions? Drop us a line! [email hidden] (Chris Labelle)
Something looks off?