Senior Python Developer
At Montra, we believe the future of video is bright. We’re building a slide-based video editor that makes it easy to create professional videos. ****With backing from top venture investors over two rounds of financing, Montra’s mission is to put professional video creation in the hands of everyone at work. If that objective resonates, we’d love to hear from you!
About The Role:
We are seeking an experienced Senior Python Developer to join our team remotely. The ideal candidate will work alongside our CTO to build a seamless video rendering pipeline. Your responsibilities will include demonstrating expert knowledge of Python to create scalable and performant video rendering pipelines. You will have the autonomy to solve problems and improve existing solutions as we expand our video processing capabilities.
What You’ll Do:
- Work in collaboration with the Senior Video Engineer and the CTO to define and refine the requirements of video processing tasks and challenges
- Utilize advanced coding skills and best practices to develop secure, reliable, reusable, and scalable video pipelines that meet the needs of the project and the organization
- Perform detailed performance analysis and optimization to ensure that the video rendering is efficient and performs well under various conditions. This may include identifying and addressing bottlenecks, implementing optimization techniques, and regularly monitoring performance metrics to identify and resolve any issues
- Follow established design patterns and coding standards to ensure that all committed code is maintainable, readable, and easy to understand for other developers
- Make sure your code is well-documented, with helpful code comments and READMEs
Who You Are:
- Over five years of professional experience developing in Python
- Proven experience with Docker, including container creation, management, and orchestration using Docker Compose
- Proven experience using the Flask web framework
- Proficient in usage of source code management such as Git, as well as working knowledge of CI/CD practices
- Demonstrated proficiency in writing, testing, and deploying infrastructure using Terraform
- Proficiency in a broad range of AWS services, capable of architecting highly available and scalable video rendering systems
- Proficient in developing and deploying machine learning models using PyTorch or TensorFlow
- Proficient in developing applications using TypeScript
- Proven ability to effectively collaborate and communicate with team members in a remote work environment
- Self-motivated person who can work individually and as part of a team
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly in a dynamic environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Great To Have
- Experience in using React for front-end development
- Experience using the FFmpeg library
- Familiarity with Supabase, including the ability to design and implement data models and integrations with external APIs
- Experience working with Web Assembly
- Hands-on experience in using Rust
- ❤️🩹 **Your Health Matters:**Paid dental and vision coverage for you and your family.
- 🌅 **Team Retreats:**Multiple times per year, we’ll get together in person and work collaboratively in person all around the globe.
- 🏦 **Meaningful Equity:**Every founding team member receives a generous equity package to ensure you’re an owner, not a renter.
- 💳 **WeWork All Access:**Leave your bedroom and work remotely at one of 700 WeWork locations globally.
- 🌴 **21 Vacation Days Per Year:**Unwind by the beach, the mountains or wherever your heart desires with three weeks of vacation per year.
- 🖥️ **Annual Remote Work Stipend:**Every year, you’ll have A $500 stipend to improve your remote work setup.
How to Apply:
At Montra, we believe the best team members come from diverse backgrounds and bring unique experiences to work. We don’t care where you came from, where you went to school, or what you do. We simply care about your grit, work ethic, and passion for video as a mechanism for sharing ideas. While the makeup of our team is not all one and the same, we are all bonded by our belief that a world where more people can create videos they’re proud of is a world we all want to live in. If that sounds like a world you want to help create, we’d love to hear from you!
Drop your resume at email@example.com with the subject “Senior Python Developer Application.”