About Our Company
Named on Deloitte's 2018 and 2020 Technology Fast 50 | 500 lists, MMB Networks is a rapidly growing company located in downtown Toronto, and a leader in Internet of Things (IoT) technologies.
MMB enables the world’s biggest brands like P&G, Tesla, and Siemens to create amazing customer experiences by helping them build and bring wireless products to market, fast. Our expertise in Wi-SUN, WiFi, Bluetooth, Zigbee, Thread, and other wireless technologies is fostering a new generation of connected products.
As a Senior Developer, you will work on product requirements and design, as well as developing, building and deploying IoT solutions into the world. You will have opportunities to work on complex cross-functional projects for high-profile enterprise customers, as well as self-directed projects to develop innovative prototypes and proof of concept demos. The role also provides the opportunity to mentor junior developers, and lead them in day to day engineering activities.
If you are passionate about cutting-edge technology, thrive in a collaborative environment, and are eager to make a significant impact in the IoT industry, we would love to hear from you. Join us on this exciting journey as we redefine the possibilities of connected devices and platforms.
What You’ll be Doing
You will collaborate closely with our experienced architecture and development teams to conceive, design, and develop the next generation of connected devices and platforms. You will also maintain a broad subject matter expertise, staying updated on the latest IoT standards and trends. You always demonstrate ownership over the implementation of your project not only finding the challenges but also identifying their solutions and setting the direction for the team in their implementation.
The ideal candidate has the ability to develop cutting edge embedded IoT applications on Espressif, Silicon Labs, Nordic, TI, and ST platforms, and has a great working knowledge of IP networking and low-power wireless communication standards. This role is suited to those who are excited by the intersection of product design, hardware, software, mobile applications, and the cloud.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, or equivalent (including demonstrated work experience).
- 7+ years of experience in embedded firmware development.
- High proficiency developing on industry-leading real-time operating systems with C / C++.
- High proficiency with Linux operating systems.
- High proficiency in IP networking.
- Experience with development and deployment of connected IoT devices.
- Experience developing on market-leading 802.15.4 SoC’s (Silicon Labs, NXP, Nordic, etc.).
- Experience developing on Espressif ESP32 and other market-leading Wi-Fi / BLE apps processors.
- Experience with serial interfaces (UART, SPI, RS485, I2C, etc.).
- Experience with debug interfaces (JTAG, SWD, etc.)
- Experience with TDD, Unit-Testing, and CI in embedded applications.
- Experience with gathering requirements and writing design specifications.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Experience as technical lead to a team of developers on a project and/or mentoring more junior developers.
- (Asset) Experience working on an Agile team ideally including experience as a Scrum Master.
- (Asset) Experience working with remote teams.
- (Asset) Experience contributing to an OSS project, with examples.
- (Asset) Background and experience in Thread / low-power IP networking, BLE application development.
Benefits to the Candidate (You)
- You’ll be part of a team of leading experts in the connected product networking field.
- Competitive compensation, including great Health & Dental benefits with additional coverage for mental health, a generous HSA, paid sick time and yearly stock option grants.
- We’re remote first but we have an office located a short walk from Union Station if needed.
- We’re a small and tight-knit team and we regularly have fun internal incentives, and team social events.
We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.