About Our Company
Named on Deloitte's 2018 and 2020 Technology Fast 50 | 500 lists, MMB Networks is a rapidly growing company located in downtown Toronto, and a leader in Internet of Things (IoT) technologies.
MMB enables the world’s biggest brands like P&G, Tesla, and Siemens to create amazing customer experiences by helping them build and bring wireless products to market, fast. Our expertise in Wi-SUN, WiFi, Bluetooth, Zigbee, Thread, and other wireless technologies is fostering a new generation of connected products.
As a Developer, you will work with our team of architects, developers and testers to build and deploy IoT solutions into the world. This role is well-suited to developers with an interest in the IoT and experience working on embedded systems. If you are passionate about cutting-edge technology, thrive in a collaborative environment, and are eager to make a significant impact in the IoT industry, we would love to hear from you. Join us on this exciting journey as we redefine the possibilities of connected devices and platforms.
What You’ll be Doing
You will collaborate closely with our experienced architecture and development teams to develop the next generation of connected devices and platforms. You will also maintain a broad subject matter expertise, staying updated on the latest IoT standards and trends. You always demonstrate ownership over the implementation of your project not only finding the challenges but also identifying their solutions.
The ideal candidate has a background or interest in embedded IoT applications on Espressif, Silicon Labs, Nordic, TI, and ST platforms, and has working knowledge of IP networking and low-power wireless communication standards. This role is suited to those who are excited by the intersection of product design, hardware, software, mobile applications, and the cloud.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, or equivalent (including demonstrated work experience).
- 2+ years of experience in embedded firmware development.
- Experience developing on industry-leading real-time operating systems with C / C++.
- Experience with Linux operating systems.
- Experience in IP networking.
- Experience with serial interfaces (UART, SPI, RS485, I2C, etc.).
- Experience with debug interfaces (JTAG, SWD, etc.)
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- (Asset) Experience working on an Agile team.
- (Asset) Experience working with remote teams.
- (Asset) Background and experience in Thread / low-power IP networking, BLE application development.
Benefits to the Candidate (You)
- You’ll be part of a team of leading experts in the connected product networking field.
- Competitive compensation, including great Health & Dental benefits with additional coverage for mental health, a generous HSA, paid sick time and yearly stock option grants.
- We’re remote first but we have an office located a short walk from Union Station if needed.
- We’re a small and tight-knit team and we regularly have fun internal incentives, and team social events.
We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.