Intermediate Embedded Engineer - Vancouver, BC
We’re passionate about our technology and we’re gathering momentum…
MineSense Technologies Ltd. is revolutionizing the Mining industry. We combine advanced sensing technologies and data analytics to provide mining companies with the ability to better differentiate ore from waste at the mining face and conveyor belts. Our novel solutions are used to significantly boost mine profitability, sustainability and empower mine operators to make processing decisions that directly reduce their environmental footprint.
To help scale and fuel its commercialization strategy, MineSense needs people from diverse disciplines and backgrounds. If you are looking to spark your career and work with like-minded, respected and innovative professionals who are excited by a common vision to change the status quo, we are the perfect environment for you. Please visit our website at https://www.minesense.com to learn more about our team!
We are looking to add an Intermediate Embedded Engineer to our Product Development team in Vancouver. Reporting to the Manager, Electrical and Controls Engineering, the Intermediate Embedded Engineer is responsible for design and development of Embedded systems. An ideal candidate will have experience with ARM microcontrollers, and a strong background in embedded systems development. The ideal candidate will be a detail-oriented self-starter that enjoys developing innovative solutions.
How to Apply:
Please make the subject line of your application email “Intermediate Embedded Engineer”.
- Develop and maintain firmware for embedded systems using microcontrollers.
- Design, develop and debug code for new products and features.
- Work with hardware designers to ensure the firmware meets hardware requirements.
- Develop and maintain software documentation, including design, requirements, and test documents.
- Prototyping the first articles and troubleshooting the designs.
- Perform code reviews, unit testing, and integration testing.
- Collaborate as the “Embedded Reference” with cross-functional teams, including hardware and software engineers, to develop and integrate software and hardware components.
- Provide technical support to internal and external stakeholders.
- Actively participating in design reviews.
- Support Root Cause Analysis of failures and DFM activities.
- Meet the schedule and quality requirements for all project deliverables.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in embedded systems development.
- Experience with ARM microcontrollers, specifically STM32.
- Strong programming skills in C/C++.
- Hands on experience with testing equipment such as oscilloscope, spectrum analyzer, electronic load, and signal generators.
- Experience with embedded development tools such as compilers, debuggers, and emulators.
- Experience with real-time operating systems (RTOS).
- Experience with Embedded Linux is an asset.
- Familiarity with communication protocols such as SPI, I2C, UART, and CAN.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to debug complex issues.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Familiarity with version control tools such as Git.
- Strong organization skills with attention to details.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Health & Safety conscious individual.
- Legally able to work in Canada.
If you meet the above requirements and are looking for an exciting opportunity to work on innovative products and technologies, we encourage you to apply.
Why MineSense is your Next Great Opportunity:
You are guaranteed to work with new technologies that expand your technical knowledge and expertise. We use the latest software, hardware, industrial, controls and communication technologies in each of our sensor-rich products.
NOTE: We would like to thank all candidates who apply, however, only those who are qualified and who are eligible to accept employment in Canada WITHOUT sponsorship will be considered. No Agencies please.
We are committed to providing a safe working environment for our employees, our customers, and members of the public with whom we interact with regularly. Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to work at MineSense and enter a MineSense office. Individuals that cannot be fully vaccinated due to a medical reason or another protected ground under Human Rights legislation may request an accommodation. We will do our best to accommodate those who are unable to be vaccinated.
Something looks off?