IT Support Technician - Santiago, Chile
We’re passionate about our technology and we’re gathering momentum…
MineSense Technologies Ltd. is revolutionizing the Mining industry. We combine advanced sensing technologies and data analytics to provide mining companies the ability to better differentiate ore from waste at the mining face and conveyor belts. Our novel solutions are used to significantly boost mine profitability, sustainability and empower mine operators to make processing decisions that directly reduce their environmental footprint.
To help scale and fuel its commercialization strategy, MineSense needs people from diverse disciplines and backgrounds. If you are looking to spark your career and work with like-minded, respected and innovative professionals who are excited by a common vision to change the status-quo, we are the perfect environment for you. Please visit our website at www.minesense.com to learn more about our team!
We are looking to add an IT Support Technician to our General and Admin team in Santiago, Chile. Reporting to the IT Administrator, the IT Support Technician is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations and will be involved with triaging support tickets; providing prompt, courteous service; and following up to resolve technical issues. An ideal candidate will be a detail oriented self-starter that enjoys developing innovative solutions.
How to Apply:
Please make the subject line of your application email “IT SUPPORT TECHNICIAN”.
- Respond to support tickets received via email from internal customers having problems with software, hardware and associated peripheral devices.
- Ensure the timely logging, tracking, escalation, and resolution of end-user support requests.
- Investigate nature of problems (such as hardware device and software issues); evaluate, recommend and implement solutions based on troubleshooting efforts.
- Deploy new software and hardware to users.
- Support Office 365/MS Office 2016/Windows 10.
- Conduct software/hardware asset management, inventory tracking and database management and implementation of software licenses.
- Ensure privacy, security, firewalls, and anti-virus protection of all applications and systems.
- Additional duties as occasionally required by your manager.
*All work will be carried out under the supervision of the IT Administrator, and a strong independent work ethic is essential.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate confidentiality, discretion, and professionalism.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, both technical and non-technical.
- Strong project support, time management, organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize daily workload, and work well under pressure.
- Manage and maintain Windows and Linux Servers, Windows 10 machines, and Linux workstations.
- Comfortable with Linux.
- Experience with Active Directory, implementing GPOs.
- Knowledge of technologies: Office 365, Microsoft Teams, Outlook.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Be able to lift 50lbs.
- Ability to communicate in Spanish, knowledge of English is an asset.
- Familiarity with switches and firewalls is nice to have.
- Self-starter, ability to work independently and in teams.
- Health & Safety conscious individual.
- Legally able to work in Chile.
Why MineSense is your Next Great Opportunity:
You are guaranteed to work with new technologies that expand your technical knowledge and expertise. We use the latest software, hardware, industrial, controls and communication technologies in each of our sensor-rich products.
NOTE: We would like to thank all candidates who apply, however, only those who are qualified and who are eligible to accept employment in Chile WITHOUT sponsorship will be considered. No Agencies please.
We are committed to providing a safe working environment for our employees, our customers and members of the public with whom we interact with regularly. Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to work at MineSense and enter a MineSense office. Individuals that cannot be fully vaccinated due to a medical reason or another protected ground under Human Rights legislation may request an accommodation. We will do our best to accommodate those who are unable to be vaccinated.
Something looks off?