Intermediate Geoscience Data Analyst - Vancouver, BC
We’re passionate about our technology and we’re gathering momentum…
MineSense Technologies Ltd. is revolutionizing the Mining industry. We combine advanced sensing technologies and data analytics to provide mining companies with the ability to better differentiate ore from waste at the mining face and conveyor belts. Our novel solutions are used to significantly boost mine profitability, sustainability and empower mine operators to make processing decisions that directly reduce their environmental footprint.
To help scale and fuel its commercialization strategy, MineSense needs people from diverse disciplines and backgrounds. If you are looking to spark your career and work with like-minded, respected and innovative professionals who are excited by a common vision to change the status-quo, we are the perfect environment for you. Please visit our website at www.minesense.com to learn more about our team!
We are looking to add an Intermediate Geoscience Data Analyst to our GeoScience team. The role will be based out of our Vancouver office. The ideal candidate will have a strong interest in detailed data analysis and statistics within the mining industry. You will work with clients globally, to incorporate MineSense solutions into their ore control processes and show them the value of using our systems. If you enjoy working with data, collaborating with multidisciplinary groups, and have a mining, geology, or geophysics background, we want to hear from you!
How to Apply:
Please make the subject line of your application email “Intermediate Geoscience Data Analyst”.
- Helping new and existing clients leverage MineSense technology in their grade control engineering processes, which includes developing client facing reports and presentations.
- Collaborating with internal teams to develop prediction models by correlating mine grade measurements or estimates with our sensor results to identify patterns, trends or other data features that relate to grade, texture, mineralogy, or lithology.
- Working with the Field Service and Product Development team to further enhance our products and services through system data analysis and data quality assurance/control.
- Determining and tracking data model accuracy and precision through comparison with sampled assay grades or grade estimates.
- Reporting and presenting data results/trends to internal teams, as well as external clients.
- Working closely with the Data team to create queries, scripts, and reports while ensuring data is well organized and maintained.
- Uncovering the Value and Use Cases MineSense systems offer to clients.
- Building and maintaining good working relationships with our clients.
- Additional duties as occasionally required by your manager.
- Degree in Earth Sciences (Geology, Geophysics), Geostatistics, Data Analytics, Mining Engineering or related field.
- Minimum of 2-4 years of relevant working experience, where experience in mining is preferred.
- Experience performing statistical analysis or data science in a work setting is preferred.
- Mining experience with in-grade control or working with ore control models is preferred.
- Experience with data analysis tools such as python or other statistical packages.
- Experience with SQL is preferred.
- Experience and passion for solving analytical problems involving diverse data sets using quantitative approaches to generate insights.
- Attention to detail and an interest in problem solving.
- Oral and written proficiency in English is required.
- Spanish speaking is a must.
- Strong preference for experience in mining.
- Additional oral and written proficiency in Spanish is strongly preferred.
- The ability to travel and support global offices is required.
- Legally able to work in Canada.
Why MineSense is your Next Great Opportunity:
You are guaranteed to work with new technologies that expand your technical knowledge and expertise. We use the latest software, hardware, industrial, controls and communication technologies in each of our sensor-rich products.
NOTE: We would like to thank all candidates who apply, however, only those who are qualified and who are eligible to accept employment in Canada WITHOUT sponsorship will be considered. No Agencies please.
MineSense is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing accommodation to individuals with disabilities. Should you require accommodation during the recruitment or hiring process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Information received related to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Irrespective of whether you meet the requirements or not, we extend a warm invitation for you to apply.
We are committed to providing a safe working environment for our employees, our customers and members of the public with whom we interact with regularly. Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to work at MineSense and enter a MineSense office. Individuals that cannot be fully vaccinated due to a medical reason or another protected ground under Human Rights legislation may request an accommodation. We will do our best to accommodate those who are unable to be vaccinated.