Software QA Developer - Vancouver, BC
We’re passionate about our technology and we’re gathering momentum…
MineSense Technologies Ltd. is revolutionizing the Mining industry. We combine advanced sensing technologies and data analytics to provide mining companies the ability to better differentiate ore from waste at the mining face and conveyor belts. Our novel solutions are used to significantly boost mine profitability, sustainability and empower mine operators to make processing decisions that directly reduce their environmental footprint.
To help scale and fuel its commercialization strategy, MineSense needs people from diverse disciplines and backgrounds. If you are looking to spark your career and work with like-minded, respected, and innovative professionals who are excited by a common vision to change the status-quo, we are the perfect environment for you. Please visit our website at www.minesense.com to learn more about our team!
We are looking to add a passionate and driven Software QA Developer to our team in Vancouver, BC. In this role, you will write tests against various software products developed at MineSense while also contributing to improvements to test infrastructure and architecture improvements.
- Design, develop, and maintain automated tests for our production software systems
- Define test strategies, build and run test plans, and generate test reports
- Model and characterize system performance and scalability
- Create and maintain test and development documentation
- Design and develop tools and infrastructure to improve test processes
- Be an advocate for software quality
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Computer Science or related disciplines
- 3-5 years of experience of planning and developing functional and non-functional tests for multi-threaded, networked and distributed software systems
- Strong Python programming skills
- Experience working with Linux
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline and tools (Jenkins or similar) as well as test documentation tools like Zephyr and Jira
- Experience configuring VMs, networks and other infrastructure required to set up tests
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter, ability to work independently and in teams
- Health & Safety conscious individual
Why MineSense is your Next Great Opportunity:
You are guaranteed to work with new technologies that expand your technical knowledge and expertise. We use the latest software, hardware, industrial, controls and communication technologies in each of our sensor-rich products.
NOTE: We would like to thank all candidates who apply, however, only those who are qualified and who are eligible to accept employment in Canada WITHOUT sponsorship will be considered. No Agencies please.
MineSense is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing accommodation to individuals with disabilities. Should you require accommodation during the recruitment or hiring process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Information received related to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Irrespective of whether you meet the requirements or not, we extend a warm invitation for you to apply.
We are committed to providing a safe working environment for our employees, our customers and members of the public with whom we interact with regularly. Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to work at MineSense and enter a MineSense office. Individuals that cannot be fully vaccinated due to a medical reason or another protected ground under Human Rights legislation may request an accommodation. We will do our best to accommodate those who are unable to be vaccinated.