Senior Automation Engineer - Vancouver, BC
We’re passionate about our technology and we’re gathering momentum…
MineSense Technologies Ltd. is revolutionizing the Mining industry. We combine advanced sensing technologies and data analytics to provide mining companies with the ability to better differentiate ore from waste at the mining face and conveyor belts. Our novel solutions are used to significantly boost mine profitability, sustainability and empower mine operators to make processing decisions that directly reduce their environmental footprint.
To help scale and fuel its commercialization strategy, MineSense needs people from diverse disciplines and backgrounds. If you are looking to spark your career and work with like-minded, respected and innovative professionals who are excited by a common vision to change the status-quo, we are the perfect environment for you. Please visit our website at www.minesense.com to learn more about our team!
We are looking to add a Senior Automation Engineer (Tools and Technologies) to our Engineering team in Vancouver, BC. This role will be fundamental in designing and implementing the automated testing tools and technologies which are instrumental in validating our complex and expanding product line. The tools will include, but not limited to, traffic generators, simulators, performance automation, and hardware in the loop. Working closely with PQT (Product Quality and Test), Software, Controls, Operations, and Field Service teams you will develop the automated tools and technologies required to ensure a quality product is released.
How to Apply:
- Design and develop HIL systems including selection of new simulation and test equipment
- Configure and maintain test bench and environment
- Develop and execute test plans, procedures, and test cases for the test automation developed
- Automate system performance tests within a Linux environment
- Develop and maintain test software and hardware interfaces
- Develop and maintain test documentation, including test reports and test procedures
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Software Development, Hardware Development, Controls Engineers, and GeoScientists to ensure test systems are integrated and aligned with product requirements
- Integrate different hardware and software modules into the simulation environment
- Perform System Integration testing using the automated tools developed to validate the complete system
- Bachelor of Electrical, Mechanical, or Computer Engineering
- 10 years’ experience
- Strong knowledge of HIL testing methodologies, including HIL system design, development, and implementation
- Experienced with complex integrated system (Hardware and Software) setup and test
- Experience with test automation and scripting languages
- Understanding of software and PLC development
- Understanding of software process methodologies
- Experience in creating harnesses for test systems and laboratory test equipment
- Advanced knowledge of Python
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Critical thinker
- Ability to manage tight deadlines
- Work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with test management tools
Why MineSense is your next great opportunity:
You are guaranteed to work with new technologies that expand your technical knowledge and expertise. We use the latest software, hardware, industrial, controls and communication technologies in each of our sensor-rich products.
NOTE: We would like to thank all candidates who apply, however, only those who are qualified and who are eligible to accept employment in Canada WITHOUT sponsorship will be considered. No Agencies please.
MineSense is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing accommodation to individuals with disabilities. Should you require accommodation during the recruitment or hiring process, please contact us at email@example.com for assistance. Information received related to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Irrespective of whether you meet the requirements or not, we extend a warm invitation for you to apply.
We are committed to providing a safe working environment for our employees, our customers and members of the public with whom we interact with regularly. Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to work at MineSense and enter a MineSense office. Individuals that cannot be fully vaccinated due to a medical reason or another protected ground under Human Rights legislation may request an accommodation. We will do our best to accommodate those who are unable to be vaccinated.