Agile Project Manager
Who We Are
Mercatus helps leading grocers get Back in Charge of their eCommerce experience, empowering them to deliver exceptional retailer-branded, end-to-end online shopping, from store to door. Our expansive network of more than 50 integration partners allows grocers to work with their partners of choice, on their terms. Together, we enable clients to create authentic digital shopping experiences with solutions to drive shopper engagement, grow share of wallet and achieve profitability, while quickly adapting to changes in customer behavior. The Mercatus Digital Commerce platform is used by leading North American retailers, including Weis Markets, Save Mart brands, Brookshire’s Grocery Company, Kowalski’s Markets, WinCo Foods, Smart & Final, Stater Bros. Markets and others.
In this position at Mercatus, you will be the primary liaison for the day-to-day orchestration of our product’s continuous delivery. A successful and sustainable market-driven product requires the agility to adapt and deliver efficiently and effectively as an organization. This requires disciplined product management methodologies that this role will play a role in ensuring, including but not limited to: team communication and collaboration, coordination of efforts, iterative innovation, and economic investments.
What You'll Do
- Managing incremental product investments to achieve efficient and effective delivery of our product’s evolution.
- Work closely with each delivery team to achieve a high level of performance and quality, holding teams accountable for their work, removing obstacles, and mentoring less experienced team members.
- Define the project’s schedule while balancing this with timely and regular value deliveries, and organize and lead project status meetings.
- Manage communications with stakeholders, and manage expectations for deliverables, and implement an effective project schedule regarding product delivery.
- Work closely with program managers, product owners, cross-function leads, team leads, project managers, engineers, designers, quality assurance and devops to ensure successful product initiatives execution.
- Monitor the progress of our product’s plan (e.g. daily standups, Jira-Portfolio tracking), and address roadblocks.
- Identify risks that could inhibit the progress of our product’s plan (e.g. dependencies, interruptions)
- Own the initiative’s project documentation (e.g. change log, risk register, timelines, etc)
- Assume the role of a key contributor in charge of complex product initiatives
- Measure our ability to deliver on our product’s plan, assisting in gauging our rate of innovation and return on investment (e.g. sprint completion, estimate accuracy, interruptions).
- A strong ability to quarterback multiple product initiatives, requiring a high level of coordination and attention to detail.
- Given the company, department and role, comfort (to a degree) with ambiguity, change, autonomy, and proactiveness is required.
What You Bring
- Completion of Post-Secondary education in a related field or equivalent experience.
- 3 - 5 years of project management or relevant work experience.
- Exceptional organizational skills, orchestrating multiple items in varying stages of progression.
- The ability to thrive, and remain calm, under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills, and the ability to work well with others.
- Superior critical thinking capabilities, including the ability to think on your feet.
- An agile mindset - adaptable, flexible and comfortable with change.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to provide constructive feedback, address and resolve conflict, manage individual behavioural styles and personalities.
- Strong knowledge of project management skills.
- Ability to accept criticism, feedback, and input from others.
- A positive, get it done attitude.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a variety of people.
- A team player who is willing to listen, share, and support others.
It'd Be Nice if You Have
- Certified ACP or PMP
- Knowledge of Enterprise SaaS/software solutions
- Understanding of software, services contracts and agreements
- Prior experience with eCommerce
- Understanding of grocery and/or retail industry
- Industry expertise relevant to Mercatus clients
- Experience with Atlassian suite (e.g. Jira, Confluence, Portfolio)
- Experience with analytics platforms (e.g. Tableau, Google Analytics Suite)
We’re not just helping grocery retailers grow, we’re helping more than 100 team members grow personally and professionally. The best thing about working at Mercatus is the people. We solve challenging problems every day. We’re scaling a company where people can build their work around their life, and not the other way around. Flexibility and full autonomy mean you’re in the driver’s seat to create a schedule that works for you and your passions. We’re looking for people who will make our culture even better people who have a desire to collaborate and bring their unique creativity to the table. If that sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you. View our Careers page to learn more.
What We Provide
• Competitive compensation & employee stock option plans
• 100% company-paid benefits plan starting day one
• Team Udemy account
• Wellbeing programs to look after your mental and physical health, including a lifestyle & wellness spending account
• 1Password Family Membership
• Home Internet Reimbursement
• Employee Referral program
• Collaborative and supportive work environment
• Fun (Virtual & In-person) Company socials and events to build strong relationships with your colleagues
Mercatus is committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and accessible work environment. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and are committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination. We welcome and celebrate differences because we believe a multitude of perspectives fosters innovation and will help us grow as a team and ultimately achieve our goals. Our culture is one of belonging in which each person is accepted and valued for their individuality. As such, if you require any accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know so we can work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all of those who take the time to apply; however, only those short-listed will be contacted.