Senior Data Engineer
Who We Are
Mercatus helps leading grocers get Back in Charge of their eCommerce experience, empowering them to deliver exceptional retailer-branded, end-to-end online shopping, from store to door. Our expansive network of more than 50 integration partners allows grocers to work with their partners of choice, on their terms. Together, we enable clients to create authentic digital shopping experiences with solutions to drive shopper engagement, grow share of wallet and achieve profitability, while quickly adapting to changes in customer behavior. The Mercatus Digital Commerce platform is used by leading North American retailers, including Weis Markets, Save Mart brands, Brookshire’s Grocery Company, Kowalski’s Markets, WinCo Foods, Smart & Final, Stater Bros. Markets and others.
As a member of the Data team, you will work closely with our engineering teams to understand our data, build out data repositories, and create the pipelines to feed into these. This data will support data analysis, personalization of our platform, and the repackaging of data to provide added value for internal or external use.
What You'll Do
- Build scalable data processing pipelines for use in data analysis and recommendations systems
- Collaborate with engineers, data analysts, data scientists, and product teams working on features for our clients
- Participate in discussions on technical design and architecture
- Work to build our continuous integration process
- Track success criteria and communicate results with team, bridge technical and business program metrics
- Help to determine best practices for metrics, data storage, and reporting mechanisms
What You Bring
- Degree in Computer/Software Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- Highly passionate about data
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities, requirements, and schedules
- Self starter who takes initiative; owning a project from start to finish
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- The ability to communicate complex technical issues in a clear and concise manner
- Experience with Python, SQL
- Experience working in a fast-paced, agile environment and writing testable code
- Experience reviewing code, receiving and providing feedback
- Experience creating and/or maintaining data pipelines.
- Experience in architecture and implementation of big data processing frameworks and tools
- Extensive experience with cloud platforms such as Amazon AWS
- Experience processing terabyte size datasets or larger
Nice to Have
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, and/or Terraform
- Experience with Apache Airflow, Spark, and/or Hadoop framework plus ecosystem tools (HDFS, YARN, etc)
- Experience with AWS Lambda, AWS API Gateway, Elasticache (Redis), etc
We’re not just helping grocery retailers grow, we’re helping more than 100 team members grow personally and professionally. The best thing about working at Mercatus is the people. We solve challenging problems every day. We’re scaling a company where people can build their work around their life, and not the other way around. Flexibility and full autonomy mean you’re in the driver’s seat to create a schedule that works for you and your passions. We’re looking for people who will make our culture even better people who have a desire to collaborate and bring their unique creativity to the table. If that sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you. View our Careers page to learn more.
What We Provide
• Competitive compensation & employee stock option plans
• 100% company-paid benefits plan starting day one
• Team Udemy account
• Wellbeing programs to look after your mental and physical health, including a lifestyle & wellness spending account
• 1Password Family Membership
• Home Internet Reimbursement
• Employee Referral program
• Collaborative and supportive work environment
• Fun (Virtual & In-person) Company socials and events to build strong relationships with your colleagues
Mercatus is committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and accessible work environment. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and are committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination. We welcome and celebrate differences because we believe a multitude of perspectives fosters innovation and will help us grow as a team and ultimately achieve our goals. Our culture is one of belonging in which each person is accepted and valued for their individuality. As such, if you require any accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know so we can work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all of those who take the time to apply; however, only those short-listed will be contacted.