Digital Marketing Coordinator
Who We Are
Mercatus helps leading grocers get Back in Charge of their eCommerce experience, empowering them to deliver exceptional retailer-branded, end-to-end online shopping, from store to door. Our expansive network of more than 50 integration partners allows grocers to work with their partners of choice, on their terms. Together, we enable clients to create authentic digital shopping experiences with solutions to drive shopper engagement, grow share of wallet and achieve profitability, while quickly adapting to changes in customer behavior. The Mercatus Digital Commerce platform is used by leading North American retailers, including Weis Markets, Save Mart brands, Brookshire’s Grocery Company, Kowalski’s Markets, WinCo Foods, Smart & Final, Stater Bros. Markets and others.
As the Digital Marketing Coordinator on a growth-focused Marketing team at a technology company, you will be responsible for delivering marketing initiatives, campaigns and projects that increase brand awareness, drive engagement and build pipeline opportunities.
In this role you’ll have an opportunity inB2B software-as-a-service marketing, grocery eCommerce and immersing yourself in various marketing and growth initiatives at our organization, a certified Great Place to WorkⓇ in Canada.
Looking to grow? Whether you’re a Marketing Generalist, looking to become a Marketing Specialist, or wanting to grow into a Marketing Manager, Mercatus is the place for you.
What You’ll Do
- Take ownership of critical marketing initiatives and driving projects to completion working with both internal and external partners and stakeholders
- Showcase your stellar communication, writing, and research skills in planning for blogs, email campaigns, corporate communications, podcasts, webinars, sponsorships, and press releases.
- Assist in developing communication assets for media outreach efforts including drafting press release copy, coordinating media opportunities, such as sponsored content, guest columns and other media buys.
- Become our social media maven; create and maintain a social media calendar and coordinating assets, copy, scheduling, research, and social listening. Report on engagement and make recommendations.
- Support go-to-market planning and initiatives for product and feature releases.
- Support the execution of digital campaigns and assets in support of the team’s digital marketing strategy and goals.
- Review and monitor campaign metrics, data and dashboards to drive continuous performance improvements.
- Plan the execution of industry and corporate events, both virtual and in person, driving desired outcomes.
- Collaborate with the Finance team to manage department POs and timely payables and support the monthly forecasting + reconciliation process
- Assist the team in restructuring asset libraries and general file structure
- Create and collaborate on process documentation for all marketing functions
What You Bring
- Curiosity and a passion for marketing, preferably 3 or more years of combined academic experience and relevant experience in a technology business
- Experience launching marketing campaigns and keen desire to take on new marketing programs and initiatives
- Aptitude for learning about the grocery eCommerce market
- Strong organization and project management skills
- Strong communications skills, with an interest in copywriting and the drive to produce compelling ad copy, blog and email content
- Understanding of how to drive engagement through various marketing channels, and demonstrated experience driving continuous improvement in this area
- A data-driven approach to work, relying heavily on data and research to inform your recommendations and decisions
- Clear ability to work both independently and as part of a team, collaborating effectively with colleagues across the organization
- Solid personal accountability for high-quality work with and a growth mindset
- Project management practices and software, we use Asana
- Google and Microsoft Suites, document management
- Canva, Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop) is an asset
- Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, basic knowledge
- Google AdWords, Facebook Ads and LinkedIn Ads, basic knowledge
- WordPress or other CMS experience, basic knowledge
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS is a definite bonus
We’re not just helping grocery retailers grow, we’re helping more than 100 team members grow personally and professionally. The best thing about working at Mercatus is the people. We solve challenging problems every day. We’re scaling a company where people can build their work around their life, and not the other way around. Flexibility and full autonomy mean you’re in the driver’s seat to create a schedule that works for you and your passions. We’re looking for people who will make our culture even better people who have a desire to collaborate and bring their unique creativity to the table. If that sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you. View our Careers page to learn more.
What We Provide
- Competitive compensation & employee stock option plans
- 100% company-paid benefits plan starting day one
- Team Udemy account
- Wellbeing programs to look after your mental and physical health, including a lifestyle & wellness spending account
- 1Password Family Membership
- Home Internet Reimbursement
- Employee Referral program
- Collaborative and supportive work environment
- Fun (Virtual & In-person) Company socials and events to build strong relationships with your colleagues
Mercatus is committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and accessible work environment. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and are committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination. We welcome and celebrate differences because we believe a multitude of perspectives fosters innovation and will help us grow as a team and ultimately achieve our goals. Our culture is one of belonging in which each person is accepted and valued for their individuality. As such, if you require any accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know so we can work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all of those who take the time to apply; however, only those short-listed will be contacted