It has never been a more exciting time to join the retail leadership team here at Mejuri! Our global retail team is growing more than ever, with stores opening across Canada, the US, and UK. By the end of year, we will have 30 stores in our scaling retail network.
As our newest Area Manager, you will be responsible for the in-store experience and business performance within your direct store, with multi-store accountability in the market leading a high performing team. Partnering with the Regional Director of Stores, you will be responsible for strategy of growth and performance of the retail business in your store and market to maximize results and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs). You will lead, develop and motivate your team and provide leadership support in the market to drive individual and team performance and profitability, while fostering a strong sense of Mejuri's culture and values.
You will manage and provide oversight including all aspects of profit, people, and process within your market, partnering with People Operations, Retail Operations, Marketing and Merchandising departments to exceed targets. You are people & client obsessed and have a passion for helping store teams drive exceptional and consistent customer experiences through leading by example, planning, coaching & developing high- performing teams.
- Responsible for the financial health and profitability of all stores within their area, driving revenue and exceeding targets.
- Responsible for managing store’s spend & seeks opportunities to minimize costs.
- Review and monitor daily, weekly, monthly business and people results and create strategic plans in partnership with the Sr. Director Retail Stores to achieve ideal targets.
- Support Store Managers in setting and achieving KPI goals, by driving a culture of performance, cost awareness and accountability. Develop the required business acumen to analyze results and plan & execute for improvement.
- Responsible for mitigating risk within stores, identifying and resolving all gaps or roadblocks to profitability & protecting our assets including internal & external theft, inventory accuracy & shrink.
- Form partnership & provide regular feedback to the Visual Merchandising team to ensure all locations have the correct assortment, depth & breadth, designed to drive profitability & sales.
- Ensure that we have the right people in the right positions at the right time and in the right quantities across your stores
- Validate and participate in the sourcing, assessment, and selection of talent to build the infrastructure necessary to sustain and grow our scaling business
- Validate and participate in the successful integration and onboarding of new talent to our store teams.
- Validate the regular and accurate assessment of our people against performance review criteria and KPIs.
- Build healthy relationships with our people and establish a positive and engaging work environment.
- Ensure that store schedules are supported with high quality and accurate inputs and uphold the standards of responsible live-week management
- Nurture a sustainable talent pipeline by providing store teams access to learning opportunities to prepare them for success in both current, and future, opportunities
- Validate and uphold the Mejuri compensation philosophy, ensuring that employees are compensated appropriately for their performance
- Validate that high performing employees are retained and low performing employees are amicably exited.
- Adhere to and validate our compliance practices and partner with People Operations to resolve escalations as they arise
- Act as an ambassador of Mejuri’s culture and values within and outside the company.
- Identify opportunities for marketing initiatives to drive new & repeat customers and community engagement at the store level.
- Partner with Marketing & Store Services teams to host 1 event per quarter at each store location (including Fine Crew & Piercing events).
- Identify opportunities to build and maintain relationships within local communities to drive brand awareness.
- Responsible for providing day-to-day support to Store Managers to ensure all objectives are achieved, operational, brand and product standards are maintained & store teams are set up for success.
- Identify and escalate opportunities, gaps, risks and roadblocks with urgency and partner as needed with cross functional teams to resolve.
- Partner with Operations teams to hold successful inventory & cycle counts on a monthly basis, ensuring teams have proper technology in place and troubleshooting guidance where needed.
- Champion best practices and execute the maintenance of all store functions ensuring locations are able to operate seamlessly, on time and achieve the desired objectives & KPIs
What you'll bring to the team:
- Experience as a multi-unit or single high-volume people leader in retail, sales or customer service.
- Understanding of local market and requirements relevant to new store openings.
- Financial management experience with success in driving top-line sales, interpreting reporting data, managing payroll budgets, and controlling expenses
- Exceptional leadership capabilities with a track record of attracting, developing, and motivating top talent, swiftly adapting to change, and leading others through the fast paced environments.
- Demonstrated understanding of service excellence in a consumer environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Deep local knowledge and informed of trends in retail, you’re well connected, and you know how to navigate and grow your network to get the introductions you need.
- Desire to work in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment –you understand the importance of experimentation and iteration.
- Bonus: you’ve opened a store from scratch.
- Bonus: you’ve worked at a start-up or fast growing company.
- A minimum of two weeks vacation, plus personal days and three religious observance days (for full-time employees)
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits, including mental health coverage, and generous personal and sick days for our full-time employees. We also offer bereavement leave, including miscarriage and stillbirth support.
- Parental leave salary top-up of up to 80%, as well as a personalized return-to-work transition and accommodation plan for full-time employees.
- Semi-annual performance reviews.
- Internal coaching department and learning and development to support career growth and plans for everyone.
- A generous product discount!
Along with our central mission and vision, we have guiding values that set the tone for where we’re heading and how we work together. These values are behaviors that form our shared beliefs and approach to how we wish to work together at Mejuri, regardless of role, level, and work location. Our 8 core values help drive our decision making when we are cross collaborating, redefining luxury, and creating a sense of commitment and inclusion to help shape our company culture.
Our values are:
FIND A WAY | We break down problems into manageable steps, explore creative solutions daily, learn from failure, and adapt quickly
RAISE THE BAR | We share constructive feedback openly, continuously improve personal and team performance, collaborate and challenge for better outcomes
CUSTOMER OBSESSED | We actively listen to customer feedback, make decisions that impact customers positively, continuously refine product, service, or customer interactions
EMPOWERED OWNERS | We proactively address cross team challenges, willingly tackle any task big or small, take initiative, and lead by example
JUST DO IT | We make informed decision quickly, encourage experimentation and learning, encourage thoughtful risk taking, embrace change, and stay adaptable
HUMILITY | We acknowledge team contributions before self, acknowledge and learn from mistakes, maintain an open and receptive mindset, and promote a respectful work environment
CURIOSITY | We seek out new challenges daily, ask questions to understand deeply, reimagine and innovate to drive progress
DRIVE RESULTS | set clear goals and prioritize tasks, focus on high impact activities daily, monitor progress through clear metrics, stay persistent and solution orientated