Sr. Director of Merchandise Planning
Who you'll be working with:
Hi, I’m Kelly Hannon, and I’m the Chief Merchandising Officer at Mejuri, currently seeking an exceptional Senior Director to lead our growing Merchandise Planning team.
Who you'll be working with:
Hi, I’m Kelly Hannon, and I’m the Chief Merchandising Officer at Mejuri, currently seeking an exceptional Senior Director to build our Merchandise Planning function & grow the team.
As the Senior Director of Merchandise Planning, you will build the function and lead merchandise mix & inventory strategies that financially support assortment plans to maximize revenue, gross margin & profitability while optimizing inventory utilization. This leader will be a thought partner to Merchandising, Finance, Supply Planning, Data & Business units in validating and prioritizing product & investment strategies to achieve Mejuri’s financial objectives. It’s a great time to join Merchandise Planning as the scope and business impact are expanding.
What you'll do:
- Build the Merchandise Planning function
- Partner with Merchandising, Supply Planning, Data, Finance, Marketing & Business Unit teams to identify & activate opportunities to drive profitable growth.
- Lead partnership with Merchandising in building product strategies that support financial forecasts through sales, margin & inventory target precision.
- Lead development of the financial framework that underpins global category level product plans (sales, IMU, cc targets).
- Lead omni channel inventory investment strategy including identifying business now opportunities for chase, cancellations & disposition.
- Lead the Merchandise Planning team in the development of product performance recaps and analytics to isolate key factors for successes/opportunities vs. forecast & recommend actions to maximize upside & minimize downside
- Build & maintain strategic risk assessment models to optimize buy levels and maintain profitability to budgets.
- Drive strategies to maximize revenue and gross margin while managing category inventory to turn and weeks of supply targets
- Develop short and long-term category pre-season sales, inventory, margin, and SKU productivity targets by category
- Partner with Finance on company gross margin targets and lead recaps of margin performance vs. targets across channels
- Lead investment forecasts for all lifecycle product by category by channel - top down, bottoms up
- Ensure bottoms-up SKU detail is reconciled to tops-down category forecasts
- Optimize, adapt & build processes/tools as necessary for omni-channel forecasting, inventory planning and recapping
What you bring to the team:
- 15+ years of proven experience in Planning & Inventory Management.
- Proven ability to manage, interpret and report on financial metrics such as margin, forecast reconciliation, inventory purchase plan reconciliation, inventory turns, life cycle management and style productivity.
- Demonstrated record of success working with & influencing senior leadership.
- A hands-on problem solver with a willingness to work in the details and find opportunities to change processes & build tools to drive efficiencies.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills across all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and quickly adapt to change and new processes.
- Ability to work collaboratively across varied cross functional teams.
- Proven track record in building best in class teams & processes in a high growth environment.
- Prior experience working within Blueridge system a plus.
- A strong task juggler that models calm under pressure for the team.
- An analytical thinker with borderline neurotic attention to detail.
- A resourceful self-starter with a “can-do” attitude and a “building” mindset.
- Collaborative, emotionally intelligent, positive.
Benefits at Mejuri:
- A minimum of three weeks vacation, plus personal days and three religious observance days.
- A hybrid work model for all corporate roles.
- ‘Mejuri Passport’ which allows employees who meet specific criteria to work in other locations for one month per year.
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits, including mental health coverage, and generous personal and sick days for our full-time employees. We also offer bereavement leave, including miscarriage and stillbirth support.
- Parental leave salary top-up of up to 80%, as well as a personalized return-to-work transition and accommodation plan for full-time employees.
- Semi-annual performance reviews.
- Internal coaching department and learning and development to support career growth and plans for everyone.
- A generous product discount!
Please note that these benefits apply to full-time employees.Location:
At Mejuri we embrace a hybrid working environment and support our corporate employees to be successful whether they are at home or in the office. The primary purpose of our offices is to drive collaboration and deepen relationships with one another.
Along with our central mission and vision, we have guiding values that set the tone for where we’re heading and how we work together. These values are behaviors that form our shared beliefs and approach to how we wish to work together at Mejuri, regardless of role, level, and work location. Our 8 core values help drive our decision making when we are cross collaborating, redefining luxury, and creating a sense of commitment and inclusion to help shape our company culture.
Our values are:
FIND A WAY | We break down problems into manageable steps, explore creative solutions daily, learn from failure, and adapt quickly
RAISE THE BAR | We share constructive feedback openly, continuously improve personal and team performance, collaborate and challenge for better outcomes
CUSTOMER OBSESSED | We actively listen to customer feedback, make decisions that impact customers positively, continuously refine product, service, or customer interactions
EMPOWERED OWNERS | We proactively address cross team challenges, willingly tackle any task big or small, take initiative, and lead by example
JUST DO IT | We make informed decision quickly, encourage experimentation and learning, encourage thoughtful risk taking, embrace change, and stay adaptable
HUMILITY | We acknowledge team contributions before self, acknowledge and learn from mistakes, maintain an open and receptive mindset, and promote a respectful work environment
CURIOSITY | We seek out new challenges daily, ask questions to understand deeply, reimagine and innovate to drive progress
DRIVE RESULTS | set clear goals and prioritize tasks, focus on high impact activities daily, monitor progress through clear metrics, stay persistent and solution orientated