Senior Director, Brand Strategy
As the Senior Director of Brand strategy, you will be a key leader within our marketing team, responsible for shaping and executing the strategic direction of our brand. Reporting directly to the Chief Marketing Officer (CMO), you will play a pivotal role in defining and implementing a cohesive and compelling brand strategy that aligns with the company’s mission, vision, values and business objectives. Your expertise in brand management, market analysis and creative direction will be instrumental in driving brand awareness and customer loyalty contributing to Mejuri’s growth and success.
The Senior Director of Brand Strategy will be responsible for delivering our evergreen marketing strategy, product marketing strategy, retail store support and brand campaigns.
What you'll do:
- Brand Strategy Development:
- Collaborate with the Executive Team to define and refine the company's brand strategy, ensuring it is aligned with business goals and market trends, brand activities and new product launches
- Develop and communicate a clear brand strategy that encompasses the company's values, positioning, messaging, and visual identity.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams (Brand Marketing, Product Marketing, Growth Marketing, CX & UX) to gain insight into customer needs, industry trends and competitive landscape.
- Partners with CX & Insights to ensure strategic vision aligns with creative process and performance marketing.
- Brand Positioning and Messaging:
- Lead efforts to define and maintain a consistent brand voice and messaging across all touchpoints.
- Ensure that the brand messaging resonates with the target audience and effectively communicates the company's unique value proposition.
- Deliver our Masterbrand strategy to develop an emotional significance over and above its functional value
- Work with User Experience and Data team to identify audience expansion opportunities while balancing a deep understanding our current customers and how to increase brand awareness with our core community
- Brand Campaigns and Marketing Initiatives:
- Lead the planning, development, and execution of Mejuri’s evergreen strategy and brand campaigns that effectively engage the target audience and drive brand awareness.
- Run a cross-functional and collaborative briefing, execution and measurement process across internal and external teams, crafting and leading effective strategies and integrated plans designed to meet designated KPIs.
- Deliver end-to-end campaign plans across marketing channels(Digital, Social, Site, Visual, PR, Email, Retail, etc.) with cohesive, consistent brand voice and messaging.
- Drive Cross functional work with product, creative,sustainability, Customer insights and the exec team and ensure business buy in on strategy
- Product Marketing Support:
- Lead the planning, development and execution of Mejuri’s annual product marketing initiatives across channels
- Deliver go-to-market strategies for product drops
- Social & Community:
- Leading and executing Mejuri's social media strategy on TikTok, Instagram, and Pinterest, driving brand awareness and engagement through innovative and effective content campaigns
- Brand Performance Metrics:
- Establish key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure the success and impact of brand strategies and initiatives.
- Continuously analyze and report on brand performance, making data-driven recommendations for improvements.
- Team Leadership and Development:
- Head brainstorming/strategy discussions to drive continual creative thinking.
- Manage and mentor a team of brand strategists, designers, and marketers, fostering a collaborative and innovative work environment.
- Set clear goals and expectations for the team and provide regular feedback and performance evaluations.
- Market Research and Analysis:
- Stay up-to-date on cultural trends and moments, conduct comprehensive market research to identify market trends, customer preferences, competitive landscape, and best practices in branding and marketing.
- Use data and insights to make informed decisions and adjust the brand strategy as needed.
- Stakeholder Collaboration:
- Collaborate closely with internal stakeholders, including product managers, sales teams, and executives, to ensure brand alignment and support overall business objectives
What you bring to the team:
- 15+ Years of relevant experience in brand strategy, brand management, or related roles, with a track record of success in building and growing brands.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business, or a related field; MBA preferred.
- A passion for big ideas, and experience in creating world-class campaigns and customer experiences
- A strategic orientation with strong ability to set objectives, analyze tactics, and calculate ROI
- Creative problem solver able to think outside the box, develop innovative solutions that challenge the status quo
- An amazing people leader with a demonstrated ability to develop, coach, create focus and clarity in your team, communicate on an ongoing basis to provide context
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, and an ability to influence stakeholders
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment and able to thrive amidst ambiguity
- Strong understanding of branding principles, consumer behavior and marketing dynamics.
- Analytical mindset, able to translate data into actionable insights
- A minimum of three weeks vacation, plus personal days and three religious observance days.
- A hybrid work model for all corporate roles.
- ‘Mejuri Passport’ which allows employees who meet specific criteria to work in other locations for one month per year.
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits, including mental health coverage, and generous personal and sick days for our full-time employees. We also offer bereavement leave, including miscarriage and stillbirth support.
- Parental leave salary top-up of up to 80%, as well as a personalized return-to-work transition and accommodation plan for full-time employees.
- Semi-annual performance reviews.
- Internal coaching department and learning and development to support career growth and plans for everyone.
- A generous product discount!
Along with our central mission and vision, we have guiding values that set the tone for where we’re heading and how we work together. These values are behaviors that form our shared beliefs and approach to how we wish to work together at Mejuri, regardless of role, level, and work location. Our 8 core values help drive our decision making when we are cross collaborating, redefining luxury, and creating a sense of commitment and inclusion to help shape our company culture.
Our values are:
FIND A WAY | We break down problems into manageable steps, explore creative solutions daily, learn from failure, and adapt quickly
RAISE THE BAR | We share constructive feedback openly, continuously improve personal and team performance, collaborate and challenge for better outcomes
CUSTOMER OBSESSED | We actively listen to customer feedback, make decisions that impact customers positively, continuously refine product, service, or customer interactions
EMPOWERED OWNERS | We proactively address cross team challenges, willingly tackle any task big or small, take initiative, and lead by example
JUST DO IT | We make informed decision quickly, encourage experimentation and learning, encourage thoughtful risk taking, embrace change, and stay adaptable
HUMILITY | We acknowledge team contributions before self, acknowledge and learn from mistakes, maintain an open and receptive mindset, and promote a respectful work environment
CURIOSITY | We seek out new challenges daily, ask questions to understand deeply, reimagine and innovate to drive progress
DRIVE RESULTS | set clear goals and prioritize tasks, focus on high impact activities daily, monitor progress through clear metrics, stay persistent and solution orientated