Regional Director, Stores (US East Region)
It has never been a more exciting time to join the retail leadership team here at Mejuri! Our global retail team is growing more than ever, with stores opening across Canada, the US, and UK. By the end of year, we will have 30 stores in our scaling retail network.
As our newest Regional Director, Stores (US East), you are a charismatic leader with exceptional service and sales acumen. Reporting into the SVP of Retail, you will drive the growth and awareness of Mejuri in the US East market. You are passionate about leading teams/leaders and recognize the importance of leading by example, building motivation, and creating an environment that demonstrates the Mejuri values. You are the ultimate ambassador of the Mejuri brand; accountable for creating a highly productive store environment in which we exceed customer expectations, and create an engaging and inclusive environment where employees are motivated and supported to do their best. You reflect and celebrate milestones with your team and are focused on how to continue to grow & develop your team members focused on a high level of engagement.
What you'll do:
REVENUE & PROFITABILITY
- Responsible for the financial health and profitability of all districts & stores within their region (regional P&L)
- Partner with the SVP of Retail, Stores and Finance to forecast revenue, develop and manage retail store and district budgets throughout the year.
- Responsible for developing and executing the strategy to achieve & exceed revenue targets.
- Responsible for controlling spend and seeking opportunities to materially impact cost savings.
- Monitor, report, analyze and make recommendations to maximize revenue and EBITDA results while achieving desired financial outcomes.
- Responsible for mitigating risk on the front and back end of the retail business, identifying and resolving all gaps or roadblocks to profitability & protecting our assets.
- Support District Managers in setting and achieving KPI goals, budgets and objectives by driving a culture of performance, cost awareness and accountability. Develop the required business acumen to analyze results and plan & execute for improvement.
- Provide strategic partnership to Merchandising and Visual Merchandising departments to ensure all locations have the right assortment, depth, breadth and presentation to drive revenue.
- Responsible for the strategy used by District Managers to ensure their teams are set up for success, are high performing and supported throughout their journey with Mejuri.
- Responsible for the overall staffing strategy within their region, effectively planning, developing and promoting, to create sustainable succession plans to support our growth and scale.
- In partnership with People Operations teams, develop and execute the people strategy to ensure we are able to acquire top talent, create a high performing culture and recognize and reward employees for their contribution.
- Develop and maintain an internal culture that’s reflective of our brand and rooted in our values resulting in strong leadership and a successful pipeline for careers at Mejuri.
- Actively coach and performance manage all direct reports, developing their acumen to successfully achieve their role responsibilities by providing direct and candid feedback.
- Be available to support, coach, problem solve and solution as needed.
- Partner with Creative, Retail Expansion and Retail Operations to provide input and influence new store locations, design and operational considerations for new stores within their region.
- Develop and uphold weekly/monthly/quarterly meeting rhythms with District and Store Managers to support communication, engagement and learning & development.
- Responsible for ensuring all required reports and analysis, tools, technology and reference materials are available as required to support core business functions.
- Champion best practices & provide approval where required to ensure all store destined initiatives are simple, allowing stores to execute seamlessly, on time and achieve the desired objectives & KPIs.
- Identify and escalate opportunities, gaps, risks and roadblocks with urgency and partner as needed with cross functional teams to resolve
What you bring to the table:
- Business Acumen: Ability to use insight of the internal and external business environment to improve and drive performance. Possess strong understanding of retail standards and operational best practices
- People Management: A trustworthy, inspirational leader, you are able to identify top talent, develop, lead and motivate by providing direct and candid feedback. You clearly communicate goals, priorities and objectives to the team to ensure alignment.
- Coaching Skills: experience in coaching teams and maximizing knowledge retention; acknowledge progress, emphasize accountability, share suggestions for improvement and express confidence in team member
- Relationship Building: exchange information for mutually beneficial goals; gain respect and commitment from team members and proactively keep internal and external relationships active
- Customer Focus: Able to identify potential barriers that may impact the customer experience in store & consider your cross functional team members clients as well.
- Follow Through: Able to adapt and prioritize tasks for oneself and the team, establish goals and successfully complete all started initiatives. You are organized, detailed and methodical.
- Influencing: Utilize influence effectively, communicate openly, are specific and use excellent logic and reasoning to support decision making. Ask open ended questions and manage conflict well, resolving efficiently by finding mutual ground and demonstrating understanding and empathy.
- Motivation: Inherently motivated and results driven. You take the necessary steps to ensure goals are achieved, performance targets met within the appropriate time frame.
- Analytical Skills: Strong analytical skills and ability to generate insights on performance interventions.
- Problem Solving: Enjoys problem solving and is naturally curious. Demonstrates great ability to consider all aspects of the business holistically, yesterday, today and tomorrow to deliver lasting, effective solutions.
Considered an Asset:
- 8+ years of multi unit management experience
- Experience being accountable to retail store P&L
- Experience building effective, results driven teams & creating/maintaining a culture reflective of corporate values.
- Proven ability to strategize, grow and scale retail businesses.
- A minimum of two weeks vacation, plus personal days and three religious observance days (for full-time employees)
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits, including mental health coverage, and generous personal and sick days for our full-time employees. We also offer bereavement leave, including miscarriage and stillbirth support.
- Parental leave salary top-up of up to 80%, as well as a personalized return-to-work transition and accommodation plan for full-time employees.
- Semi-annual performance reviews.
- Internal coaching department and learning and development to support career growth and plans for everyone.
- A generous product discount!
Looking for the perfect next opportunity is a big decision. Mejuri recognizes the importance of pay transparency when it comes to salary ranges as it empowers individuals through the hiring process and supports them in making an informed decision. This role currently has a base pay range of $140,000-$185,000 per annum based on a candidate’s experience and qualifications.
Along with our central mission and vision, we have guiding values that set the tone for where we’re heading and how we work together. These values are behaviors that form our shared beliefs and approach to how we wish to work together at Mejuri, regardless of role, level, and work location. Our 8 core values help drive our decision making when we are cross collaborating, redefining luxury, and creating a sense of commitment and inclusion to help shape our company culture.
Our values are:
FIND A WAY | We break down problems into manageable steps, explore creative solutions daily, learn from failure, and adapt quickly
RAISE THE BAR | We share constructive feedback openly, continuously improve personal and team performance, collaborate and challenge for better outcomes
CUSTOMER OBSESSED | We actively listen to customer feedback, make decisions that impact customers positively, continuously refine product, service, or customer interactions
EMPOWERED OWNERS | We proactively address cross team challenges, willingly tackle any task big or small, take initiative, and lead by example
JUST DO IT | We make informed decision quickly, encourage experimentation and learning, encourage thoughtful risk taking, embrace change, and stay adaptable
HUMILITY | We acknowledge team contributions before self, acknowledge and learn from mistakes, maintain an open and receptive mindset, and promote a respectful work environment
CURIOSITY | We seek out new challenges daily, ask questions to understand deeply, reimagine and innovate to drive progress
DRIVE RESULTS | set clear goals and prioritize tasks, focus on high impact activities daily, monitor progress through clear metrics, stay persistent and solution orientated