District Manager, East Region
- Responsible for managing and improving our client strategy to build lasting relationships with existing customers and drive new customer acquisition.
- Improve the quality of the in-store customer experience by communicating and training the team on Mejuri’s Steps of Selling. Provide in-store coaching to staff & Managers, working alongside them to demonstrate best practices in hosting, customer service and product knowledge.
- Champion an OMNI business mentality, continuously seeking opportunities to remove barriers to purchase and friction points for customers.
- Through effective management create a highly engaged, results focused environment where staff are able to reach their performance potential and achieve the KPIS for their role.
- Responsible for partnering with Store Managers to execute people strategy so that store teams are set up for success, ensuring each location has the right talent in the right role to support business objectives.
- Develop and maintain an internal store culture that’s reflective of the Mejuri brand and rooted in our values, resulting in strong leadership and a successful pipeline for careers at Mejuri.
- Actively coach and performance manage Store Managers, developing their acumen to successfully achieve their role responsibilities by providing direct and candid feedback.
- In partnership with People Operations, execute and manage our recognition, rewards and compensation structure to ensure retail staff are awarded & motivated reflective of their contribution.
- Be available to support, coach, problem solve and provide solutions as needed.
Revenue & Profitability:
- Responsible for the financial health and profitability of all stores within their district, driving revenue and exceeding targets.
- Responsible for managing store’s spend & seeks opportunities to minimize costs.
- Review and monitor daily, weekly, monthly business and people results and create strategic plans in partnership with the Sr. Director Retail Stores to achieve ideal targets.
- Support Store Managers in setting and achieving KPI goals, by driving a culture of performance, cost awareness and accountability. Develop the required business acumen to analyze results and plan & execute for improvement.
- Responsible for mitigating risk within stores, identifying and resolving all gaps or roadblocks to profitability & protecting our assets including internal & external theft, inventory accuracy & shrink.
- Form partnership & provide regular feedback to the Visual Merchandising team to ensure all locations have the correct assortment, depth & breadth, designed to drive profitability & sales.
- Responsible for providing day-to-day support to Store Managers to ensure all objectives are achieved, operational, brand and product standards are maintained & store teams are set up for success.
- Identify and escalate opportunities, gaps, risks and roadblocks with urgency and partner as needed with cross functional teams to resolve.
- Partner with Operations teams to hold successful inventory & cycle counts on a monthly basis, ensuring teams have proper technology in place and troubleshooting guidance where needed.
- Champion best practices and execute the maintenance of all store functions ensuring locations are able to operate seamlessly, on time and achieve the desired objectives & KPIs.
- Act as an ambassador of Mejuri’s culture and values within and outside the company.
- Identify opportunities for marketing initiatives to drive new & repeat customers and community engagement at the store level.
- Partner with Marketing & Store Services teams to host 1 event per quarter at each store location (including Fine Crew & Piercing events).
- Identify opportunities to build and maintain relationships within local communities to drive brand awareness.
What you'll bring to the team:
- 5+ years of multi unit management experience.
- Experience being accountable to retail store P&L.
- Experience building effective, results driven teams & creating/maintaining a culture reflective of corporate values.
- Understanding of local market and requirements relevant to new store openings.
- Financial management experience with success in driving top-line sales, interpreting reporting data, managing payroll budgets, and controlling expenses
- Exceptional leadership capabilities with a track record of attracting, developing, and motivating top talent, swiftly adapting to change, and leading others through the fast paced environments.
- Demonstrated understanding of service excellence in a consumer environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Deep local knowledge and informed of trends in retail, you’re well connected, and you know how to navigate and grow your network to get the introductions you need.
- Desire to work in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment –you understand the importance of experimentation and iteration.
- Bonus: you’ve opened a store from scratch.
- Bonus: you’ve worked at a start-up or fast growing company.
- A minimum of two weeks vacation, plus personal days and three religious observance days (for full-time employees)
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits, including mental health coverage, and generous personal and sick days for our full-time employees. We also offer bereavement leave, including miscarriage and stillbirth support.
- Parental leave salary top-up of up to 80%, as well as a personalized return-to-work transition and accommodation plan for full-time employees.
- Semi-annual performance reviews.
- Internal coaching department and learning and development to support career growth and plans for everyone.
- A generous product discount!
Looking for the perfect next opportunity is a big decision. Mejuri recognizes the importance of pay transparency when it comes to salary ranges as it empowers individuals through the hiring process and supports them in making an informed decision. This role currently has a base pay range of $120,000-$150,000 per annum based on a candidate’s experience and qualifications.
Along with our central mission and vision, we have guiding values that set the tone for where we’re heading and how we work together. These values are behaviors that form our shared beliefs and approach to how we wish to work together at Mejuri, regardless of role, level, and work location. Our 8 core values help drive our decision making when we are cross collaborating, redefining luxury, and creating a sense of commitment and inclusion to help shape our company culture.
Our values are:
FIND A WAY | We break down problems into manageable steps, explore creative solutions daily, learn from failure, and adapt quickly
RAISE THE BAR | We share constructive feedback openly, continuously improve personal and team performance, collaborate and challenge for better outcomes
CUSTOMER OBSESSED | We actively listen to customer feedback, make decisions that impact customers positively, continuously refine product, service, or customer interactions
EMPOWERED OWNERS | We proactively address cross team challenges, willingly tackle any task big or small, take initiative, and lead by example
JUST DO IT | We make informed decision quickly, encourage experimentation and learning, encourage thoughtful risk taking, embrace change, and stay adaptable
HUMILITY | We acknowledge team contributions before self, acknowledge and learn from mistakes, maintain an open and receptive mindset, and promote a respectful work environment
CURIOSITY | We seek out new challenges daily, ask questions to understand deeply, reimagine and innovate to drive progress
DRIVE RESULTS | set clear goals and prioritize tasks, focus on high impact activities daily, monitor progress through clear metrics, stay persistent and solution orientated