Manager, Retail Performance and Profit
It has never been a more exciting time to join the retail leadership team here at Mejuri! Our global retail team is growing more than ever, with stores opening across Canada, the US, and UK. By the end of year, we will have 30 stores in our scaling retail network.
As our new Manager of Performance & Profit you will play a key role in driving performance for our retail stores. You have strong experience completing analysis, development, and creation of processes in order to help drive sales, store performance, and increased customer experience. You have a passion for utilizing data to drive recommendations throughout the retail business including building/labour models, testing methodology, and building tools at scale. You will help us build, forecast, and triangulate the data points of retail.Ultimately, your mission is to ensure the retail team has measured and timely KPIs that will support the growth of the business and provide the best customer experience possible.
- Analyze to triangulate multiple data points to figure out the “So What, Now What” actions for HQ and Field to inform new and existing strategies.
- Build, forecast and measure new store performance and advises on tactics. Informs payroll and AHR decisions and allocation.
- Build, forecast and measure P&L in partnership with Finance and Retail Partners.
- Review weekly and monthly performance KPIs with Retail Leadership to identify needs for additional learning opportunities along with business deep dives based on sales and KPI performance
- Manage Stylists SPH, incentive programs and contests
- Build tools that will teach business acumen at scale at stores
- Partner with Real Estate team and other cross functional partners on analysis
What you bring to the team:
- Strong understanding of retail standards and operation best practices
- Experience working with retail operations and/or finance teams in retail industry
- Ability to model testing methodology
- Outstanding excel and analytical skills
- Experience building labour models
- A resilient and adaptable personality as plans can change from day to day
- Excellent communication skills - ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
- Demonstrates excellent organization in thought process, communication and how they organize themselves and others
- Detail-oriented and capable of managing projects with excellent follow through and accuracy
- Is curious, analytical and able to think critically
- Ability to drive measurable, sustainable results
- Excellent retail and business acumen
Things we consider an asset:
- Strong business acumen and excellent understanding of retail best practices; experience with a broad array of leading retail turnover projects including openings, closures, relocations, temporary locations (pop-ups and shop-in-shops)
- Experience coaching and or managing teams
- Experience scaling a fast-growing business is a plus
- A minimum of three weeks vacation, plus personal days and three religious observance days.
- A hybrid work model for all corporate roles.
- ‘Mejuri Passport’ which allows employees who meet specific criteria to work in other locations for one month per year.
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits, including mental health coverage, and generous personal and sick days for our full-time employees. We also offer bereavement leave, including miscarriage and stillbirth support.
- Parental leave salary top-up of up to 80%, as well as a personalized return-to-work transition and accommodation plan for full-time employees.
- Semi-annual performance reviews.
- Internal coaching department and learning and development to support career growth and plans for everyone.
- A generous product discount!
Along with our central mission and vision, we have guiding values that set the tone for where we’re heading and how we work together. These values are behaviors that form our shared beliefs and approach to how we wish to work together at Mejuri, regardless of role, level, and work location. Our 8 core values help drive our decision making when we are cross collaborating, redefining luxury, and creating a sense of commitment and inclusion to help shape our company culture.
Our values are:
FIND A WAY | We break down problems into manageable steps, explore creative solutions daily, learn from failure, and adapt quickly
RAISE THE BAR | We share constructive feedback openly, continuously improve personal and team performance, collaborate and challenge for better outcomes
CUSTOMER OBSESSED | We actively listen to customer feedback, make decisions that impact customers positively, continuously refine product, service, or customer interactions
EMPOWERED OWNERS | We proactively address cross team challenges, willingly tackle any task big or small, take initiative, and lead by example
JUST DO IT | We make informed decision quickly, encourage experimentation and learning, encourage thoughtful risk taking, embrace change, and stay adaptable
HUMILITY | We acknowledge team contributions before self, acknowledge and learn from mistakes, maintain an open and receptive mindset, and promote a respectful work environment
CURIOSITY | We seek out new challenges daily, ask questions to understand deeply, reimagine and innovate to drive progress
DRIVE RESULTS | set clear goals and prioritize tasks, focus on high impact activities daily, monitor progress through clear metrics, stay persistent and solution orientated