People Operations Business Partner, Retail
Hi there! My name is Jenn Maciocia and I’m the Senior Manager, People at Mejuri, and I am hiring a People Operations Business Partner (HRBP) in support of our USA Retail Stores. I joined Mejuri nearly two years ago to lead our Retail Talent Acquisition team and have been lucky enough to see my career grow quickly in the short period of time thereafter. I now lead the People team supporting our Client-focused departments (Retail, Corporate Retail and CX) and feel incredibly fortunate to support our scaling International Retail business.
As the People Operations Business Partner, you will collaborate with Retail leaders to understand their unique needs and challenges, develop actionable People solutions and initiatives, and implement new programs to support the People strategy and overall business direction. You will be responsible for executing quarterly people programming and making data-driven decisions to drive the People Operations vision forward.
- Collaborate with Retail leaders to understand their unique needs and challenges, develop actionable People solutions and initiatives in partnership with the People Operations team
- Execute quarterly people programming in partnership with the Retail and People Operations members with guidance from the Manager, People (Retail)
- Has developed a solid foundation on subject knowledge and is able to take ownership on driving impact with the team.
- Ability to work through and solve problems autonomously & successfully
- Ensure application of local Employment and Health & Safety legislation within our policies and procedures
- Maintain up-to-date employee files in HRIS system
- Respond to general inquiries by providing support on company programs, policies and procedures
- Foster strong relationships with retail business partners
- Perform routine tasks required to administer and execute HR programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development
- Maintain compliance with employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance
- Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructure, workforce planning, and succession planning.
- Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Develops contract terms for new hires, promotions, and transfers.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough, and objective investigations.
What you'll bring to the team:
- Degree/Diploma in Human Resources
- Relevant work experience in a senior HR role with a focus on retail
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines within retail, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee relations, diversity, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of the organization
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude with a passion for delivering excellent employee experiences and driving a high-performing culture
- A team player with excellent interpersonal skills and a natural ability to build relationships
- Highly adaptable, empathetic individual who enjoys working in a fast-moving, ever-changing environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Professional with the ability to deal with confidential information
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment dealing with ambiguity and constant change
- Extremely organized, ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Ability to travel to both store and HQ locations (USA/Canada)
Things we consider an asset:
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- CHRP or SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP)
- Experience in supporting multi-unit retail an asset
Along with our central mission and vision, we have guiding values that set the tone for where we’re heading and how we work together. These values are behaviors that form our shared beliefs and approach to how we wish to work together at Mejuri, regardless of role, level, and work location. Our 8 core values help drive our decision making when we are cross collaborating, redefining luxury, and creating a sense of commitment and inclusion to help shape our company culture.
Our values are:
FIND A WAY | We break down problems into manageable steps, explore creative solutions daily, learn from failure, and adapt quickly
RAISE THE BAR | We share constructive feedback openly, continuously improve personal and team performance, collaborate and challenge for better outcomes
CUSTOMER OBSESSED | We actively listen to customer feedback, make decisions that impact customers positively, continuously refine product, service, or customer interactions
EMPOWERED OWNERS | We proactively address cross team challenges, willingly tackle any task big or small, take initiative, and lead by example
JUST DO IT | We make informed decision quickly, encourage experimentation and learning, encourage thoughtful risk taking, embrace change, and stay adaptable
HUMILITY | We acknowledge team contributions before self, acknowledge and learn from mistakes, maintain an open and receptive mindset, and promote a respectful work environment
CURIOSITY | We seek out new challenges daily, ask questions to understand deeply, reimagine and innovate to drive progress
DRIVE RESULTS | set clear goals and prioritize tasks, focus on high impact activities daily, monitor progress through clear metrics, stay persistent and solution orientated