Assistant Store Manager
- Improve the quality of the in-store customer experience by communicating and training staff on Mejuri’s Steps of Selling, fostering relationships through the Mejuri Brand story.
- Provide in-store coaching to staff, working alongside them to demonstrate best practices in hosting, customer service and product knowledge.
- Champion an OMNI business mentality, continuously seeking opportunities to remove barriers to purchase and friction points for customers.
- Partner with marketing & store services team to conceptualize in-store activations, and partnerships, that speak to our community and enhance the customer experience. Host 1 event at your store per quarter.
- Be the voice of the customer, ensuring insights and opportunities to improve brand, product and services are communicated back to Mejuri HQ as needed.
- Promptly respond to and escalate any customer complaints.
- Assist the Store Manager in hiring, coaching, and developing a service-minded and high performing team
- Build and promote strong collaborative relationships in your market and HQ
- Create and participate in new hire onboarding activities for team members, ensuring a high standard for delivery
- Support a performance culture of ownership, continuous improvement and goal achievement
- Clearly communicate expected standards and demonstrate desired behaviours. Lead by example!
- Assist Store Manager in monitoring Employee Relations related matters, fostering a positive work environment
- Manage employee turnover by contributing to a positive, harmonious and stimulating work environment that builds engagement
- Embed the Mejuri values into the team’s daily activities
- Continuously network and build a candidate pipeline for current and future openings
- Maximize results and achievement of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), by driving own performance as well as the performance and engagement of the team
- Set and communicate sales and productivity goals for the team, track store’s performance at all times and achieve sales through teamwork
- Drive business through clienteling, sourcing new customers, and fostering ongoing productive relationships with customers
- Review weekly and monthly sales and product performance data taking action to improve sales performance
- Review space productivity data and take action to maximize productivity and sales performance
- Gather insights from customers, communicating them to HQ
- Support in store marketing and promotional initiatives at a high standard and communicate cross functionally
- Supporting maintenance of visual and operational standards with the leadership team
- Assist with the store schedule and apply the practices of labour optimization when scheduling to support great customer experience
- Support in managing time off requests and scheduling
- Manage all office and cleaning supply inventory, placing orders as needed via our supply vendor.
- Complete all necessary documentation for Write Offs, monitoring reasons and taking action to reduce Write Off’s where possible
- Manage team to prepare for and conduct stock-takes in a timely and effective manner
- Report any issues within the store to the Head Office including maintenance, cleaning and safety issues.
- Manage security of store, products and team, raising any issues with Head Office
- Maintain Mejuri brand standards of visual presentation, cleanliness and functionality of displays, working closely with the Visuals Lead and managing their time and productivity
- Supporting the collection and analysis of data related to merchandising and working collaboratively with your leadership team to maximize for profitability
- Ensure all appropriate merchandising collateral is set up according to guidelines
- Focus on inventory analysis, flag, identify and action any inefficiencies
- Track and drive inventory KPI performance
- Inform HQ of any internal (team members) and external (customer) feedback
What you'll bring to the team:
- 2+ years minimum experience as a leader in retail, sales or customer service
- Understanding of local market challenges and requirements relevant to new store openings
- A desire to deliver exceptional customer service
- Demonstrated understanding of service excellence in a consumer environment
- Excellent communication skills
- You stay current and are on top of trends in retail, you’re well connected, and you know how to navigate and grow your network to get the introductions you need
- The desire to work in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment –you understand the importance of experimentation and iteration
- Bonus: you’ve worked at a start-up or fast growing company
- A minimum of two weeks vacation, plus personal days and three religious observance days (for full-time employees)
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits, including mental health coverage, and generous personal and sick days for our full-time employees. We also offer bereavement leave, including miscarriage and stillbirth support.
- Parental leave salary top-up of up to 80%, as well as a personalized return-to-work transition and accommodation plan for full-time employees.
- Semi-annual performance reviews.
- Internal coaching department and learning and development to support career growth and plans for everyone.
- A generous product discount!
Looking for the perfect next opportunity is a big decision. Mejuri recognizes the importance of pay transparency when it comes to salary ranges as it empowers individuals through the hiring process and supports them in making an informed decision. This role currently has a base pay range of $32-$36 per hour based on a candidate’s experience and qualifications.
Along with our central mission and vision, we have guiding values that set the tone for where we’re heading and how we work together. These values are behaviors that form our shared beliefs and approach to how we wish to work together at Mejuri, regardless of role, level, and work location. Our 8 core values help drive our decision making when we are cross collaborating, redefining luxury, and creating a sense of commitment and inclusion to help shape our company culture.
Our values are:
FIND A WAY | We break down problems into manageable steps, explore creative solutions daily, learn from failure, and adapt quickly
RAISE THE BAR | We share constructive feedback openly, continuously improve personal and team performance, collaborate and challenge for better outcomes
CUSTOMER OBSESSED | We actively listen to customer feedback, make decisions that impact customers positively, continuously refine product, service, or customer interactions
EMPOWERED OWNERS | We proactively address cross team challenges, willingly tackle any task big or small, take initiative, and lead by example
JUST DO IT | We make informed decision quickly, encourage experimentation and learning, encourage thoughtful risk taking, embrace change, and stay adaptable
HUMILITY | We acknowledge team contributions before self, acknowledge and learn from mistakes, maintain an open and receptive mindset, and promote a respectful work environment
CURIOSITY | We seek out new challenges daily, ask questions to understand deeply, reimagine and innovate to drive progress
DRIVE RESULTS | set clear goals and prioritize tasks, focus on high impact activities daily, monitor progress through clear metrics, stay persistent and solution orientated