Piercing Studio Lead
The Piercing Lead is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the Mejuri Piercing Studio while driving customer service excellence, increasing profitability and fostering an environment of superior store services to Mejuri clientele. The Piercing Lead delivers best-in-class service and is passionate about body piercing and jewelry. They are knowledgeable in high-quality jewelry, metals, and gemstones and know the guidelines for initial piercings and allowable alloys. They maintain excellent knowledge of infection control and sanitization procedures and keep the piercing studio to the highest sanitization standards at all times.
- Oversee the piercing customer journey from start to finish, including seamless greeting, check in, styling, transaction and service experience including aftercare education.
- Possess a calm and professional demeanour in piercing services to provide the best experience to piercing clients. Embody Mejuri values throughout every client interaction.
- Act as an ambassador of Mejuri and promote customer awareness about the brand and Mejuri’s piercing studios. Build a strong clientele in local market.
- Ensure insights and opportunities as they relate to piercing products and services are communicated back to the Store Manager & Store Services when necessary.
- Promptly escalate any customer complaints, handling any in-the moment feedback when needed with good communication skills, empathy and understanding.
- Works closely with the Store Manager on consistent improvements to the flow and process of the Mejuri piercing studio.
- Work closely with store staff to update the schedule and online booking service.
- Explain proper aftercare to each client, well-inform each client of any signs and/or symptoms of infection within the following days/weeks/months of piercing. Tailor aftercare information to specific materials and individual downsizing information.
- Thoroughly explain service procedure and risks to clients. Identify any medical concerns which may prevent piercing before the service and include suggested care and any medical complications that may occur as a result of the procedure.
- Drive revenue and repeat business through the Mejuri piercing studio. Strive to maintain an appointment occupancy of at least 75% on a weekly basis.
- Uphold strong personal selling techniques to contribute to overall store and financial results, focusing on KPI’s such as UPT and AOV.
- Take ownership for delivering results; actively aware of personal and store goals.
- Drive business through clienteling, sourcing new customers, and fostering ongoing relationships with customers.
- Review weekly and monthly sales performance, share product trends & feedback to the Store Manager/Store Services team.
- Recommend and implement changes to improve product performance where possible.
- Ideate and propose local marketing initiatives with Store Management and Store Services to create awareness and drive sales.
- Oversee and manage all aspects of the piercing studio, working closely with the Store Services team and Store Manager.
- Support inventory management and feedback with Operations Lead & Store Services team to ensure optimal quantities & assortment are available at the piercing studio at all times
- Work with the Store Services & Operations lead to minimize shrink of piercing inventory through effective communication and compliance with inventory management systems.
- Ensure health and safety standards are maintained by following internal standards, and local guidelines. Ensure excellent cleanliness of the studio, maintenance of sharps and biohazard waste, and physical space requirements are met.
- Uphold legal compliance in all customer interactions including verifying proper identification, requirements, and waivers. Update Store Manager & Store Services Team on all local laws and protocol updates.
- Maintain strong communication with store Visuals Lead to manage piercing studio product display.
- Remain knowledgeable on Mejuri products and become an expert on the piercing jewelry assortment inclusive of labret sizing, materials, gemstones, and metals.
- Support the check up and downsizing process for each individual client.
- Style, stack, and suggest products for piercing clients. Provide expertise and planning to enable client to design their own ear stack
- Build piercing appointment occupancy through promoting, educating, and driving awareness of our piercing studio
- Communicate with Store Services to order necessary piercing equipment such as needles, latex-free gloves, sterilizer, alcohol pads, Q-Tips, paper towels, etc.
- Work with Store Services to become the main point of contact for Stericycle and oversee the pick up of disposables.
- Complete all necessary documentation for piercing inventory shrink, monitoring reasons and taking action to reduce shrink where possible, in partnership with the Operations Manager or Operations Lead.
- Ensure all legislated paperwork and client record keeping is met and maintained at all times.
- Partner with the Visual Lead to analyze key performance indicators and monitor stock levels to create a productive sales environment and determine actions steps to improve sell-through.
- Provide support to Visual Lead during implementation of retail campaigns.
- Follow up with execution deadlines for key VM initiatives to ensure deliverables are met in a timely manner.
- Support with the day-to-day maintenance of visual displays and product.
- Report any damaged display product or tools to the Visual Lead.
- Provide feedback to Visual Lead relating to gaps and opportunities.
What you'll bring to the team:
- 2+ years experience with needle piercing.
- Experience working with internally threaded 2-piece piercing jewellery.
- Up to date with First Aid and Blood-borne Pathogens OSHA Certifications.
- Experience working with autoclaves.
- Have or be registrable with local law enforcement or meet requirements by area for permits such as the “Practitioner Registration”, Blood-borne Pathogens, First Aid/CPR, Vaccination requirements etc.
- Understanding of local market piercing law requirements.
- Strong knowledge of health and safety protocols surrounding piercing procedures.
- Demonstrated understanding of service excellence in a consumer environment.
- Excellent communication & customer service skills.
- The desire to work in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment. Bonus: you have experience selling product at a fast growing company
- A minimum of two weeks vacation, plus personal days and three religious observance days (for full-time employees)
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits, including mental health coverage, and generous personal and sick days for our full-time employees. We also offer bereavement leave, including miscarriage and stillbirth support.
- Parental leave salary top-up of up to 80%, as well as a personalized return-to-work transition and accommodation plan for full-time employees.
- Semi-annual performance reviews.
- Internal coaching department and learning and development to support career growth and plans for everyone.
- A generous product discount!
Along with our central mission and vision, we have guiding values that set the tone for where we’re heading and how we work together. These values are behaviors that form our shared beliefs and approach to how we wish to work together at Mejuri, regardless of role, level, and work location. Our 8 core values help drive our decision making when we are cross collaborating, redefining luxury, and creating a sense of commitment and inclusion to help shape our company culture.
Our values are:
FIND A WAY | We break down problems into manageable steps, explore creative solutions daily, learn from failure, and adapt quickly
RAISE THE BAR | We share constructive feedback openly, continuously improve personal and team performance, collaborate and challenge for better outcomes
CUSTOMER OBSESSED | We actively listen to customer feedback, make decisions that impact customers positively, continuously refine product, service, or customer interactions
EMPOWERED OWNERS | We proactively address cross team challenges, willingly tackle any task big or small, take initiative, and lead by example
JUST DO IT | We make informed decision quickly, encourage experimentation and learning, encourage thoughtful risk taking, embrace change, and stay adaptable
HUMILITY | We acknowledge team contributions before self, acknowledge and learn from mistakes, maintain an open and receptive mindset, and promote a respectful work environment
CURIOSITY | We seek out new challenges daily, ask questions to understand deeply, reimagine and innovate to drive progress
DRIVE RESULTS | set clear goals and prioritize tasks, focus on high impact activities daily, monitor progress through clear metrics, stay persistent and solution orientated