Data Scientist, Growth (Marketing)
Mejuri is the category-defining fine jewelry brand designing high-quality pieces created to be worn every day. Feeling disconnected from an industry that typically markets to men, co-founder and CEO Noura Sakkijha leveraged her learnings as a third-generation jeweller to rethink the way women purchase jewelry—for themselves. In only seven years, and with a team of over 75% women, Mejuri has shipped over one million orders and opened eight retail stores across the globe, all while introducing new products weekly.
As part of Noura’s original vision to empower women to invest in themselves, the brand launched the Mejuri Empowerment Fund to support underrepresented women and non-binary individuals with the tools to empower themselves. Mejuri continues to reach new customers through exciting community initiatives and expansion into international markets, such as the UK, Australia and Germany.
We are a team of retailers, creatives, technologists and strategists, and we are looking for someone special to join our team.
Mejuri is searching for a Data Scientist to join the Data Science team. This individual will partner with leaders from marketing and digital product teams to define strategies, surface insights, and develop data applications that promote customer growth. This opportunity is ideal for someone who is looking to provide high-value work within a small and agile data team while seeing the impact of their work in real-time.
What you'll do:
- **Strategy.** Partner with leaders to define objectives, manage & prioritize growth-sciences roadmap, and provide communication on progress. - **Research & Analysis.** Perform in-depth analysis that provides insight into customer growth performance (e.g. channel optimization) and yields actionable takeaways. - **Application Development.** Develop insight tools and data-models that streamline visibility into customer growth optimizations. Develop analytical models that generate perspectives into current & future behaviors (e.g. attribution, segmentation). - **Data Champion.** Partner with data and analytics leadership to develop platform efficiencies and a strong cross-team data culture. Promote the application of data and best practices across the entire business!
What you bring to the team:
- **Technical.** Experience working with customer data platforms, event-level data, ML & feature engineering pipelines. Comfortable writing code written in SQL, Python, R, or Scala, and leveraging machine learning frameworks & toolkits such as PyTorch, TensorFlow, Spark, or scikit-learn. - **Analytics.** Advanced understanding of experimentation on digital and offline marketing channels, experience building & deploying models from the ground up such - attribution and marketing-mix models a plus.
Benefits at Mejuri:
• A minimum of three weeks vacation, plus personal days and three religious observance days.
• A hybrid work model for all corporate roles.
• ‘Mejuri Passport’ which allows employees who meet specific criteria to work in other locations for one month per year.
• Comprehensive medical and dental benefits, including mental health coverage, and generous personal and sick days for our full-time employees. We also offer bereavement leave, including miscarriage and stillbirth support.
• Parental leave salary top-up of up to 80%, as well as a personalized return-to-work transition and accommodation plan for full-time employees
• Semi-annual performance and compensation reviews.
• Internal coaching department and learning and development to support career growth and plans for everyone.
• A generous product discount!
Please note that these benefits apply to full-time employees.
At Mejuri we embrace a hybrid working environment and support our corporate employees to be successful whether they are at home or in the office. The primary purpose of our offices is to drive collaboration and deepen relationships with one another.
Accommodation / Accessibility:
Mejuri does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment because of an individual’s race, ancestry, colour, place of origin, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, family status or marital status, or any other protected category recognized by provincial or federal laws.
Should you require any accommodation, please inform us and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any accessibility-related assistance, requests for information in accessible alternative formats or to report any accessibility problems, please share in your application.