Health Information Scanning Specialist - Toronto, ON
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Tuesday, November 21, 2023
At Marble, our mission is to transform the accessibility and portability of health data, impacting millions of lives by empowering individuals to securely share their data with trusted services. We are dedicated to improving life outcomes by minimizing barriers and offering greater control and security over health data.
Join us in revolutionizing health data across diverse industries and be a part of changing the world for millions, including your own!
As a Health Information Scanning Specialist, you will play a critical role in our mission to provide patients with timely access to comprehensive health information. In this role, you will receive and scan medical records, as well as contact hospitals, doctors’ offices, labs, and other health care providers by phone, email, and fax to gather health records throughout North America. You will perform quality assurance on the data that flows through our system, ensuring that we are providing accurate and complete records to our clients.
The ideal candidate has strong oral and written communication skills, and is able to "think on your feet". You have experience scanning documents and managing printer queues, folding/inserter machines, and postage meters. You are a confident and motivated self-starter, and have a desire to bring positivity and a greatly rewarding experience to our clients. You thrive in a fast-paced, goal-oriented team setting, and are ready to take on the challenge of meeting and exceeding daily and weekly targets. You understand the importance of patient confidentiality and make it a top priority in everything you do.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Receive, organize, scan and shred documents;
- Manage scanning and printer queue, folding/inserter machine, postage meter, and related processes;
- Ensure smooth operation with a proven track record of using and troubleshooting printer queues, folding/inserter machines, postage meters, including supplies and overall maintenance;
- Help perform quality assurance on the data that flows through our system;
- Commit to customer service to resolve issues with healthcare providers by maintaining the highest standards of privacy, data quality, data integrity, confidentiality, and security;
- Contact providers via phone & email to request and follow up on records to ensure timely turnaround of records.
Required Skills and Experience
- 1-2 years of work experience in Health/Medical Records retrieval from healthcare providers
- Highly proficient using copiers, scanners, and knowledge of internal office networks
- Post-secondary education, ideally in Health Information Management
- Strong English communication skills (French or Spanish is a bonus)
- Recognized Medical Records, Office Administration, or Law Clerk, or relevant work experience;
- Is fluent in computer software and technically savvy
Note: Successful candidates will be asked to undergo a background check.
Medchart is proud to be a diverse and equal opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origins, age, sexual orientation, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.
Medchart provides accessibility accommodations during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.