Developer Relations & Partner Engineering
The internet is broken. Ads don't monetize well, and reward selling other products and services rather than one’s own experiences. Subscriptions and large up-front purchases are a huge commitment barrier and don’t work for most experiences.
We're building the online payments platform to remonetize the internet to enable a new era online – one with an abundance of quality, trusted and accessible experiences. We’re doing this by enabling builders, creators and developers to implement completely new monetization models, and earn significantly more. We also enable users to easily auto-pay for content, or tip with just a click.
Mash is built on Bitcoin and the Lightning Network. Sound, scalable, trust-minimized, and programmable money. It can be sent around the world instantly, at no/low costs. It's the most transformative payment technology ever conceived, and realized.
Our first products enable builders, creators and app developers to integrate “pay-as-you-enjoy” pricing directly into their digital experiences with just a snippet of code. It also includes an interoperable built-in Wallet to make the experience as simple as possible – no downloads required, and users don’t need to be a Bitcoin native.
Examples of Problems We’re Tackling:
- Building a scalable payments platform for the web with Bitcoin and the Lightning Network.
- Enabling diverse monetized experiences across the web for content such as mini-apps, tools, articles, video streaming, audio, and more.
- Creating a digital wallet with Bitcoin and Lightning that is persistent and can be embedded across the web – e.g., websites, mobile apps, etc.
Our Stack: TypeScript, React, Go, PostgreSQL, Terraform, Containers, and LND.
Role & Responsibilities
We’re looking for someone to join the team to help our app developers, no-code builders and creators monetize their experiences. You’ll be extending the Mash platform and act as a direct line to our customers. From building engagement with communities, to designing and building widgets and mini-apps to be integrated into our customers’ experiences.
- Build, ship, and maintain components, mini-apps, templates, WYSIWYG editors, and recipes/storybooks for use by our customers.
- Evaluate and build plugins/integrations with external platforms.
- Advocate for, and engage with communities
- Write guides, developer documentation and articles to help our customers.
- Work closely with external partners that have, or want to integrate with Mash.
- Work closely with a cross-functional team (product, design, engineering).
- Understand and learn user needs.
- Identify opportunities for innovation and product improvement.
- Collaborate with the community to further advance Bitcoin/Lightning tech.
Desired Skill Set:
- 2+ years engaging with and building out developer-focused communities.
- 2+ years of experience in at-scale, full-stack software development.
- Experience directly interfacing with and performing integration work for customers.
- Skilled at writing technical articles and guides, and delivering technical presentations/talks.
- Bonus: Knowledge/interest in Bitcoin and the Lightning Network.
- Respond well to open-ended problems and thrive on autonomy – self-starter and problem solver.
- Thrive in a team environment – focused on team goals.
- Great communication skills.
- Have a passion for lifelong learning.
ABOUT OUR TEAM:
We’re currently a cross-functional team of eight individuals with experience at start-ups, scale-ups and big tech – including Google, Amazon, Lazer, D2L, Typeform and Fitbit. We’re well-funded, backed by top VC’s and angel investors. Mash is a remote first company. Much of the team is currently based in the eastern time zone, and we accommodate each other to work wherever we are in the world.
HOW WE WORK
We treat your time as the scarce asset that it is. We respect going heads down to get into a flow. Distractions and context switching are things we work to minimize. We have meetings for specific purposes, and we leverage asynchronous channels as much as possible. This allows us to maintain a high-velocity with appropriate collaboration.
Mash has an open and direct culture. We use data to make informed decisions. We believe that not making a decision is a decision – and a terrible one. We have strong conviction and take action. We can agree to disagree and move forward after open discussion. As we learn, we re-evaluate, iterate and push forward.
Mash is a remote-first company. We are doing this deliberately to assemble the best team possible and enable you to work where it fits best into your life. For those that prefer an in-person based environment, we will consider having mini-offices in cities that we have a meaningful presence in.
HOW TO APPLY
Please reach out to us at email@example.com, including your CV, example development & community building code/projects, a bit about yourself, and three bullet points about why you’re interested in joining Mash.
LEARN MORE ABOUT MASH