Frontend Web Engineer
The internet is broken. Ads don't monetize well, and reward selling other products and services over building enjoyable experiences. Subscriptions and large up-front purchases are a huge commitment barrier and don’t work for most experiences.
We're building the online payments platform to remonetize the internet to enable a new era online – one with an abundance of quality, trusted and accessible experiences. We’re doing this by enabling builders, creators and developers to implement completely new monetization models, and earn significantly more.
Mash is built on Bitcoin and the Lightning Network – sound, scalable, trust-minimized, and programmable money. It can be sent around the world instantly, at no/low costs. It's the most transformative payment technology ever conceived and implemented.
Our first products enable builders, creators and app developers to charge any amount, with “pay-as-you-enjoy” pricing directly into their digital experiences with just a snippet of code – to auto-pay for content or tip with just one-click. It also includes an interoperable, built-in wallet to make the experience as simple as possible – no downloads required, and users don’t need to be a Bitcoin native.
Examples of Problems We’re Tackling
- Building a scalable payments platform for the web with Bitcoin and the Lightning Network.
- Enabling diverse monetized experiences across the web for content such as mini-apps, games, tools, articles, video streaming, audio, and more.
- Creating a digital wallet with Bitcoin and Lightning that is persistent and can be embedded across the web – e.g., websites, mobile apps, etc.
Our Stack: TypeScript, React, Go, PostgreSQL, Terraform, Containers, and LND.
Role & Responsibilities
- Ship new web app features and create new web components.
- Build and maintain a design system to enable other Mash developers to quickly build frontend features.
- Optimize web deployments.
- Help to enhance the experience of third-party developers by improving the Mash JS SDK and related documentation.
- Actively seek to understand and learn user needs, and identify opportunities for innovation and product improvement.
- Collaborate with the community to further advance Bitcoin/Lightning tech.
Desired Skill Set
- 4+ years building apps within different web frameworks.
- A track record of building amazing user experiences.
- Experience building reusable components within a design system.
- Knowledge on developing NPM packages and client-side SDKs.
- Understanding of web security (specifically around iframes and third-party site integrations).
- Understanding of web build tools such as Webpack, Rollup, esbuild, SWC, and how to optimize build artifacts.
- Knowledge/interest in Bitcoin and the Lightning Network.
- Respond well to open-ended problems and thrive on autonomy – self-starter and problem solver.
- Thrive in a team environment – focused on team goals.
- Great communication skills.
- Have a passion for lifelong learning.
About Our Team
We’re currently a cross-functional team of nine individuals with experience at start-ups, scale-ups and big tech – including Google, Amazon, Lazer, D2L, Typeform and Fitbit. We’re well-funded, backed by top VC’s and angel investors.
How We Work
We treat your time as the scarce asset that it is. We respect going heads down to get into a flow. Distractions and context switching are things we work to minimize. We have meetings for specific purposes, and we leverage asynchronous channels as much as possible. This allows us to maintain a high velocity with appropriate collaboration.
Mash has an open and direct culture. We use data to make informed decisions. We believe that not making a decision is a decision – and a terrible one. We have strong conviction and take action. We can agree to disagree and move forward after open discussion. As we learn, we re-evaluate, iterate and push forward.
Mash is a remote-first company. We are doing this deliberately to assemble the best team possible and enable you to work where it fits best into your life. Much of the team is currently based in the Eastern time zone, and we accommodate each other to work wherever we are in the world. For those that prefer an in-person based environment, we will consider having mini-offices in cities that we have a meaningful presence in.
How to Apply
Please reach out to us at email@example.com and include: a bit about yourself, your resume/CV, any examples of past projects, and three bullet points about why you’re interested in joining Mash.
Learn More About Mash