Toronto, ON, Canada · Waterloo, ON, Canada · Ontario, Canada · Canada
Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2023
Who is MarshallZehr?
MarshallZehr Group Inc (“MZ”) provides customized construction and development financial solutions for high-performing real estate developers. Since 2008, MarshallZehr has grown to become one of Canada’s most trusted real estate capital partners. We add value beyond capital – our team’s decades of experience help deliver the strategic insight and vision necessary to craft tailored financial solutions, all backed by our industry recognized mortgage administration services.
We are looking for a software developer to join the technology team at MarshallZehr. Our team drives MarshallZehr forward by building new features and applications that we use to drive better outcomes for our lenders and borrowers. That is – more flexible financing with higher returns.
The center of MarshallZehr technology is a mortgage administration platform that was built explicitly for MarshallZehr’s needs. Written in .NET and Angular, your time will be spent extending and improving this platform for our internal users, enabling them to do their work quickly, more accurately, and with more insight.
We have also recently adopted Decisions, a rapid application development platform that allows us to quickly build small less-sophisticated applications that integrate multiple systems much faster than we could do with code. We will train you on this platform and empower you to build applications quickly for any and all business needs – from simple data forms all the way through to multi-system automations that take the effort out of everyday mortgage administration.
You will also get exposed to tools like Power BI (for report writing), Grafana/Loki/Prometheus (for monitoring and logging), Box (for file automation), Docker (for development), AWS (for hosting), and GitLab (for everything else!)
You will have the opportunity to work on all of our technology projects as part of a small team of developers, QA, and IT professionals.
In your role as Software Developer at MarshallZehr, you will:
· Develop new features, new applications, and new services - as well as maintaining existing ones.
· Build both the front-end and back-end of software applications.
· Write code in C#/.NET, Angular, SQL, and CSS - along with other languages and tools.
· Collaborate with our business teams to identify what technology solutions we can bring to business problems.
· Draft technical requirements, architect solutions, and estimate new features.
· Test your work so that our software is stable, reliable, and suitable for a financial institution.
· Create prototypes of new applications and services to determine feasibility.
· Participating in improving our development processes, from code review to sprint planning and retrospectives.
What Are We Looking For?
We are looking for passionate, self-directed developers with experience in web application development.
Our tech stack consists of .NET 6 services and an Angular 13 front-end, with SQL Server as our back-end data store. We are also using Decisions 8 for rapid application development.
We are looking for candidates with full-stack experience:
· Minimum 2 years of professional development experience; more is better, but we look for skills rather than time served.
· Front-end experience:
o With Angular or related web application frameworks (React, Vue)
o Architecting web applications – modules, internationalization, CSS frameworks, CDNs
· Back-end experience:
o With .NET Core or related web application frameworks (node.js, Go, Java)
o With C#, SQL, and dozens of config formats (JSON, YAML, TOML, etc.)
o Architecting back-end monolithic and micro-services – and the insight on when to select each.
· Experience writing automated tests, using the appropriate framework for the software you are building (Jest/Cypress/Mocha/NUnit/etc.)
· Experience with CI/CD systems and how to use them to accelerate development.
· Working knowledge of user experience – empathy for users and an ability to turn requirements into working software.
· Working knowledge of running web services in production – hosting, monitoring, logging, configuring servers, cloud services.
· Experience with Docker and related container/orchestration technologies is an asset.
· You are comfortable working in a high-paced, high-quality environment – moving fast while also building reliable products.
· You make your own success – you dive in and solve problems without hesitation.
· You enjoy critique – you view code reviews, retrospectives, and feedback both as a great learning opportunity and a way to share your knowledge with others.
· Computer Science, Engineering, or related degree/diploma is preferred; we will also consider candidates with sufficient and similar practical experience.
· MZ offices are open Monday to Friday and employees are expected to work on site a minimum of 4 days per week, with the option of working remotely 1 day per week, as agreed to by the direct supervisor.
· Our Waterloo office has 16,000 square feet of modern and accessible space and has been specially updated and tailored to meet our business needs. The result is a world-class workspace that empowers deep collaboration, reinforces business operations with state-of-the-art technology infrastructure, and offers more space to enable our sustained team expansion.
Interested individuals can apply directly by visiting www.marshallzehr.com/careers
Accommodations are available during all stages of the recruitment process in accordance with the Human Rights Code. MarshallZehr is committed to complying with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) to provide an inclusive, barrier free workplace. We will accommodate the accessibility needs of individuals with disabilities to support participation in all aspects of the recruitment process. Should you require this accommodation, please contact email@example.com.