Mortgage Operations Analyst
Waterloo, ON, Canada · Waterloo, ON, Canada · Ontario, Canada · Canada
Posted on Saturday, November 4, 2023
Mortgage Operations Analyst
Who is MarshallZehr?
MarshallZehr Group Inc (“MZ”) provides customized construction and development financial solutions for high-performing real estate developers. Since 2008, MarshallZehr has grown to become one of Canada’s most trusted real estate capital partners. We add value beyond capital – our team’s decades of experience help deliver the strategic insight and vision necessary to craft tailored financial solutions, all backed by our industry recognized mortgage administration services.
We are looking for an Analyst – Mortgage Operations to support MZ’s Mortgage Operations group in the day-to-day management of MZ’s loan portfolio including ongoing underwriting and funding activities. The successful candidate will be responsible for updating MZ’s cashflow forecasting tools, assisting in the completion of project loan advances, review and tracking of mortgage discharges, lender correspondence, and supporting with compliance management. This role reports to Director, Mortgage Operations.
· Loan Analysis
o Assist with review of due diligence provided by Borrower during loan origination to verify accuracy against transaction outline and funding requirements.
o Monitoring of projects on ongoing basis against underwriting to monitor loan coverage and repayment timelines
o Manage MZ cashflow forecasting tools to monitor projects for schedule and budget variances as well as capital requirements
· Mortgage Funding
o Assist in completion of basic initial and progress advances/loan fundings
o Support company wide communication and information sharing to facilitate mortgage advances
o Assist in review of project quantity surveyor reporting
· Treasury Management
o Assist in maintenance of forecasting/cashflow tools to help the company manage Borrower cashflow needs, lender cashflow availability, and corporate revenue
o Extract, assess and develop relevant data from internal and external reporting
· Mortgage Discharge Support
o Assist in preparation of discharge statements and payment requisitions
o Tracking of unit closing discharge amounts and closing adjustments
· Lender Correspondence
o Assist with drafting of updates to lenders participating in MZ mortgages
o Ensure lender communication received in timely manner and direct lender questions where required
· Compliance Monitoring
o Assist compliance department with Borrower follow ups of loan deliverables
What Are We Looking For?
· Strong analytical skills and attention to detail, including proficiency in Excel modelling and data management
· Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate across all levels within, as well as outside the organization
· Excellent time management skills
· Post Secondary Degree in the following is an asset:
o Business Administration
o Urban Planning & Development
· Experience in commercial lending, asset management, real estate development, underwriting, or cost consulting/project monitoring an asset
· Will be required to complete mortgage agent course through Mortgage Professionals Canada (standard practice for all MZ employees, paid for by MZ)
· MZ offices are open Monday to Friday and employees are expected to work on site a minimum of 4 days per week, with the option of working remotely 1 day per week, as agreed to by the direct supervisor.
· Our Waterloo office has 16,000 square feet of modern and accessible space and has been specially updated and tailored to meet our business needs. The result is a world-class workspace that empowers deep collaboration, reinforces business operations with state-of-the-art technology infrastructure, and offers more space to enable our sustained team expansion.
Accommodations are available during all stages of the recruitment process in accordance with the Human Rights Code. MarshallZehr is committed to complying with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) to provide an inclusive, barrier free workplace. We will accommodate the accessibility needs of individuals with disabilities to support participation in all aspects of the recruitment process. Should you require this accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.