Manager, Mortgage Operations
MarshallZehr Group Inc.
Waterloo, ON, Canada
Posted on Tuesday, April 25, 2023
Who is MarshallZehr?
MarshallZehr Group Inc (“MZ”) provides customized construction and development financial solutions for high-performing real estate developers. Since 2008, MarshallZehr has grown to become one of Canada’s most trusted real estate capital partners. We add value beyond capital – our team’s decades of experience help deliver the strategic insight and vision necessary to craft tailored financial solutions, all backed by our industry recognized mortgage administration services.
We are looking for a Manager, Mortgage Operations to support MZ’s Project Management group and the day to day management of MZ’s loan portfolio. The manager will be responsible for updating MZ’s cashflow forecasting tools, assisting in the completion of project loan advances, review and tracking of mortgage discharges, lender correspondence, and supporting with compliance management.
· Project Evaluation and Underwriting
o Obtaining and evaluating Borrower project specific financing information (i.e. budget, anticipated cashflows, valuations, Borrower credit status, capital structure, security, sales, market, cost comparables, overall risk profile, etc.) with sophisticated financial models/databases for prospective project/financing opportunities. This also includes providing in-depth research materials to support market conditions and potential legislative/regulatory changes impacting potential or existing projects.
o Researching and evaluating project analysis provided by Business Development team or questions as required by Senior Management.
o Communicate with the Borrower and Lender stakeholders/clients to outline project strengthens and weakness and respond to questions as necessary.
o Review loan documents.
o Aid in the execution of the financing transaction closings as required.
· Project Monitoring/Loan Compliance
o Lead the progress funding function by working with the Borrower and Cost Consultants to complete progress advances of development/construction loans.
o Assist team in ongoing monitoring of project performance against loan agreements, budget, timelines and key metrics.
o Assist in the development and maintenance processes to identify or forecast potential issues, highlight and solve these concerns with the Business Development and Senior Management teams.
o Continue to evaluate options which would create value for either the Borrower or Lender through reduced costs or improved risk mitigation.
o Provide regular project reporting re. anticipated transaction closings and fundings and repayments, stage of completion, loan compliance, and other analysis as required for the purpose of forecasting Treasury requirements.
o Assemble due diligence materials and professional marketing materials for presentation to prospective Lender clients.
o Assist with Accounting and Financial Reporting for the MarshallZehr related entities as required.
What Are We Looking For?
· Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate across all levels within, as well as outside the organization
· Strong analytical skills including proficiency in Excel modelling
· Excellent time management skills
· Post Secondary Degree in the following is an asset:
· Business Administration
· Urban Planning & Development
· Will be required to obtain mortgage agent license with FSRA (paid for by MarshallZehr)
· Experience in Commercial Lending, Asset Management, Real Estate Development, Underwriting, or Cost Consulting/Project Monitoring an asset
· MZ offices are open Monday to Friday and employees are expected to work on site a minimum of 4 days per week, with the option of working remotely 1 day per week, as agreed to by the direct supervisor.
· Our Waterloo office has 16,000 square feet of modern and accessible space and has been specially updated and tailored to meet our business needs. The result is a world-class workspace that empowers deep collaboration, reinforces business operations with state-of-the-art technology infrastructure, and offers more space to enable our sustained team expansion.
Accommodations are available during all stages of the recruitment process in accordance with the Human Rights Code. MarshallZehr is committed to complying with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) to provide an inclusive, barrier free workplace. We will accommodate the accessibility needs of individuals with disabilities to support participation in all aspects of the recruitment process. Should you require this accommodation, please contact email@example.com.
See more open positions at MarshallZehr Group Inc.
Something looks off?