Field Applications / Sales Engineer
MAJiK Systems builds software that helps unlock manufacturers’ unrealized potential.
We enable manufacturers to monitor, analyze, and optimize their production processes by:
- Capturing Industrial “Internet of Things” (IoT) data in real-time
- Digitizing Lean Factory Management practices and concepts
- Dynamically optimizing Production Schedules, automating Statistical Process Control, and moving to Predictive Maintenance
- Providing deep insights and analytics across multiple factories so manufacturers can apply the best practices of their strongest factories across their organization
Why YOU want to be part of our team:
- You have a genuine interest in manufacturing and automation:
- Did you spend your first summer job running around a local factory floor with a clipboard?
- Are you an industry veteran who has spent 20 years at every level within a manufacturing organization?
- Have you never even set foot on a plant floor but think that the technology used to automate our modern lives is just plain cool?
- If you have a habit of putting yourself in your customers’ shoes and are curious about the problems that people in the manufacturing industry face, you have an attitude that will make you successful at MAJiK Systems
- You prefer taking a consultative approach to your work rather than just being told what to do:
- You like working in places where your full range of expertise gets used
- You default to having a conversation with a customer/stakeholder up front to align expectations
- You get excited about becoming an expert in your job and field
- You like getting things Done - and working with other people who care about this too:
- We want people who take pride in their work, take commitments seriously, over-communicate, and aren’t afraid to prioritize
- You want your success recognized - both within your team and organization, and also through performance-based bonuses and awarded stock options
- You want flexible work hours, remote working options, and generous vacation & benefits. These help you be productive while you are getting things done.
- You prefer teams where everyone is willing to openly provide and accept feedback:
- Our team members are always learning, and enjoy educating each other on our areas of responsibility and what goes into making the decisions we make
- We take providing feedback to each other seriously and are appreciative of each other’s hard work to achieve our team goals
- We believe that doing good work is contagious!
What You’ll Work On:
A Field Applications Engineer on MAJiK’s Sales team will have the following responsibilities:
- Participate in Partner/Inside Sales Lead Reviews
- Qualify new Sales Opportunities from Partners based on the Project, Sponsor, Budget, Schedule, and any compelling events at the end customer
- Complete Product Fit Assessments for Qualified Customers and provide tailored presentations and demos of MAJiK products and capabilities
- Assess Customer Readiness for an IIoT solution by scoping their automation systems maturity, technical readiness, and comparing their needs against MAJiK’s Product Roadmap
- Provide Technical Deep Dives to Sales Prospects and be a technical expert for customer decision makers during the sales process
- Advise Prospects on Module Selections, expected ROIs, and complete Sales Proposals for customers
- Prepare Statements of Work (SOWs) and Implementation Schedule Planning with the Customer and MAJiK’s Customer Delivery Team as part of the RFP Process
- Participate in Proof of Values (POVs) and Pilots with customers to help expand new accounts
- Lead Project Planning with Customer Delivery Team based on SOWs, RFPs, and Implementation Schedules that you prepared during the sales process with a customer
- Provide Project Management support for implementations and/or lead Project Management Efforts for key POVs and Pilots
- Participate in the Technical Validation process to ensure that initial information gathered from the customer matches conditions on-site
- Provide End User and Management Training on implemented software modules
- Ensure Customer Sign-Offs are completed by documenting Implemented Solutions compared to Proposal Requirements
- Participate in Product Roadmap Planning and Functional Design Specification stages of MAJiK’s Product Development Process, providing insight into technical and business requirements that you are seeing in the field
What you need to excel:
- Familiarity with Azure, AWS, or GCP
- Familiarity with Edge-to-Cloud Architectures, IoT Hardware/Software
- Experience with Automation Systems, PLCs, SCADA, and Sensor Systems
- Previous experience providing system integration support in the manufacturing industry, specifically an industrial automation role, is an asset
- Experience with modern manufacturing concepts (Just-In-Time, Quality Control, Process Flow, etc.) is an asset