Accounting & Finance, Sales & Business Development
Posted on Thursday, February 8, 2024
Who We Are; What We Do; Where we’re Going
Magnet Forensics is a global leader in the development of digital investigative software that acquires, analyzes, and shares evidence from computers, smartphones, tablets and other IoT related devices. We are continually innovating so that our customers can deploy advanced and effective tools to protect their companies, communities, and countries.
Grayshift and Magnet Forensics have come together as one organization to accelerate innovation and transform digital investigations for our customers. We’re pleased to share that the combined organization is operating as Magnet Forensics.
The combination of mobile, cloud and computer forensics expertise under the Magnet Forensics name underscores our dedication to providing comprehensive, end-to-end DFIR solutions. This includes our commitment to helping with access to modern digital devices lawfully with our renowned product suite. And, our focus on innovating for the DFIR community, along with our shared mission, continues to be the top priority.
How we work: We are a dynamic team who are passionate about the work we do. We are inspired because our work makes a difference and there is a shared sense of purpose in our culture. We work in cross functional teams to regularly experiment, iterate, and deliver on new goals, pushing the boundaries in everything we do to bring world class digital forensics tools to law enforcement, government agencies, and corporations.
We are looking for an Accounting Manager to manage the accounting team and oversee the general accounting functions including but not limited to general ledger, accounts payable, and accounts receivable. This position will own the month-end close process consistent with corporate standards to ensure that financial information is timely, accurate, and complete.
- Manage and develop a team of accountants
- Oversee the accurate and timely completion of the month-end close process
- Oversee and ensure the accuracy of the daily accounting functions including accounts payable, accounts receivable, and general ledger
- Assist with establishing internal controls and guidelines, and testing of these internal controls to validate effectiveness
- Assist with the annual audit requests by external auditors
- Assist with coordination of tax filings to ensure tax compliance
- Assist with recurring and ad hoc reporting and projects
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and implement new processes and/or software programs as needed
- Research technical accounting issues as needed
- Performs other related duties as necessary or assigned
- 5-7 years of progressive accounting experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Must be detail-oriented
- Experience managing a team
- Strong understanding of accounting theory and GAAP
- Excellent problem-solving and research skills
- Experience with Accounting Software – Netsuite preferred
- Microsoft Excel Experience
- Strong communication skills and willingness to collaborate both internally and externally
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
The Most Important Thing
- We’re looking for candidates that can provide examples of how they have demonstrated Magnet InteGRITy in their previous experiences:
- Greater Good – We think beyond our own interests and strive to improve communities around the world. This demonstrates our passion for making a difference in the world.
- Respect – We hold ourselves accountable through transparent sharing of information and we have faith in each other’s abilities
- Innovation – We lead the industry in excellence and reliability while keeping the user experience simple and relevant. We are not afraid to push the boundaries to stay ahead of our competitors.
- Teamwork – We collaborate internally and externally, while caring about each other and listening to our customers.
We’re committed to continuous learning and are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. This commitment will be reflected in our hiring processes and embedded in our values and how we treat one another. If you’re interested in this role, but do not meet all of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply anyways.
Magnet Forensics is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible recruitment process and work environment. Accommodation is available to all applicants upon request throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, please let our talent team know, or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.