Senior Embedded Systems Engineer
Posted on Saturday, January 27, 2024
Who We Are; What We Do; Where we’re Going
Magnet Forensics is a global leader in the development of digital investigative software that acquires, analyzes, and shares evidence from computers, smartphones, tablets and other IoT related devices. We are continually innovating so that our customers can deploy advanced and effective tools to protect their companies, communities, and countries.
Grayshift and Magnet Forensics have come together as one organization to accelerate innovation and transform digital investigations for our customers. We’re pleased to share that the combined organization is operating as Magnet Forensics.
The combination of mobile, cloud and computer forensics expertise under the Magnet Forensics name underscores our dedication to providing comprehensive, end-to-end DFIR solutions. This includes our commitment to helping with access to modern digital devices lawfully with our renowned product suite. And, our focus on innovating for the DFIR community, along with our shared mission, continues to be the top priority.
Magnet Forensics is searching for a Senior Embedded Systems Engineer who has the desire to work on cutting-edge technology and who can elevate the GrayKey products. The ideal candidate will possess a variety of related embedded disciplines including firmware and software development, hardware design, and testing. If you are someone who enjoys working on a “one-of-a-kind" product, collaborating with a technically sound team, and loves to solve unique problems, you will thrive here.
Primarily Remote Role.
- Develop production quality firmware and software libraries for embedded systems;
- Design, analyze and debug complex systems hardware with CPUs, MCUs and FPGAs;
- Design, analyze and debug analog circuitry and high-speed digital interfaces;
- Design simple, quick-turnaround PCB prototypes with aggressive timelines;
- Perform hardware bring-up, inspection, error analysis and troubleshooting;
- Contribute to various automated hardware-based test setups;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years of experience with MCU firmware and host side software development, plus related testing methodologies (C, C++, Rust, Python);
- 3+ years hardware design experience with complex systems, high-speed interfaces and analog circuitry (schematic capture, PCB layout, SI and PI analysis);
- 2+ years of experience with FPGA development and related testing methodologies (VHDL, Verilog, SystemVerilog and Amaranth HDL);
- Solid understanding of USB and typical embedded digital communication protocols (UART, SPI, I2C, SWD, JTAG, etc.);
- Hands-on experience with modern lab equipment (oscilloscope, logic and spectrum analyzer);
- Solid working Linux knowledge and scripting skills (Bash, Python);
- Basic understanding of version control systems (Git);
- Strong organizational, verbal, written and visual communication skills;
- Growth mindset and a deadline-respectful get-it-done attitude;
- Ability to work responsibly and independently under minimal supervision.
Nice To Have Skills:
- RF and inductive communications design background is strongly desired;
- Familiarity with SoC bus interconnect specifications (AMBA, Wishbone, etc.);
- In-depth knowledge of high-speed digital interface PHY layer protocol specifications;
- Experience with secure system design.
The Most Important Thing:
· We’re looking for candidates that can provide examples of how they have demonstrated Magnet InteGRITy in their previous experiences:
· Greater Good – We think beyond our own interests and strive to improve communities around the world. This demonstrates our passion for making a difference in the world.
· Respect – We hold ourselves accountable through transparent sharing of information and we have faith in each other’s abilities
· Innovation – We lead the industry in excellence and reliability while keeping the user experience simple and relevant. We are not afraid to push the boundaries to stay ahead of our competitors.
· Teamwork – We collaborate internally and externally, while caring about each other and listening to our customers.
We’re committed to continuous learning and are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. This commitment will be reflected in our hiring processes and embedded in our values and how we treat one another. If you’re interested in this role, but do not meet all of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply anyways.
Magnet Forensics is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible recruitment process and work environment. Accommodation is available to all applicants upon request throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, please let our talent team know, or you can email email@example.com.