Senior Software Developer in Test
Posted on Thursday, December 14, 2023
Who We Are; What We Do; Where we’re Going
Magnet Forensics is a global leader in the development of digital investigative software that acquires, analyzes, and shares evidence from computers, smartphones, tablets and other IoT related devices. We are continually innovating so that our customers can deploy advanced and effective tools to protect their companies, communities, and countries.
Grayshift and Magnet Forensics have come together as one organization to accelerate innovation and transform digital investigations for our customers. We’re pleased to share that the combined organization is operating as Magnet Forensics.
The combination of mobile, cloud and computer forensics expertise under the Magnet Forensics name underscores our dedication to providing comprehensive, end-to-end DFIR solutions. This includes our commitment to helping with access to modern digital devices lawfully with our renowned product suite. And, our focus on innovating for the DFIR community, along with our shared mission, continues to be the top priority.
Magnet Forensics’s QA team continues to grow and is in search of our next Software Developer in Test (SDET). In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring the quality of deliverables throughout the software development lifecycle, creating automated tests, and improving code testability for a one-of-a-kind digital forensic product. You will work closely with the Engineering team throughout the development process to ensure the product is fully functional and well tested.
The successful candidate will thrive making meaningful contributions and elegant solutions, self-motivated, and manage milestones independently in a fast- paced environment. If you have a passion for security, want to build a robust product, and make an impact on a growing company then you’ll enjoy your career at Magnet Forensics!
- Provide technical leadership without a formal reporting structure within the team and across teams
- Work closely with developers to assess and advise on testability at the planning phase, investigate software defects, and deliver quality software
- Create, edit, manage test cases, and test plans
- Design and manage automated testing suites
- Work closely with development to increase and improve testing
- Write, track, and verify software defects
- Debug complex software systems
- Work with DevOps to develop CI/CD pipeline testing
- 5 plus years practical experience with software test automation and QA
- Experience coding complex automation systems
- Proficient in PyTest / Python3
- Expertise in Linux Operating Systems
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent experience
- Debugging complex software systems
- API Testing
- CI/CD Pipeline Integration (Gitlab or Jenkins)
- Familiarity with Test Tracking Tools and Automated Integration
- AWS Cloud / Kubernetes experience is a plus
- 3D CAD experience is a plus
- Previous DevOps exposure is an asset for this role
The Most Important Thing
- We’re looking for candidates that can provide examples of how they have demonstrated Magnet InteGRITy in their previous experiences:
- Greater Good – We think beyond our own interests and strive to improve communities around the world. This demonstrates our passion for making a difference in the world.
- Respect – We hold ourselves accountable through transparent sharing of information and we have faith in each other’s abilities
- Innovation – We lead the industry in excellence and reliability while keeping the user experience simple and relevant. We are not afraid to push the boundaries to stay ahead of our competitors.
- Teamwork – We collaborate internally and externally, while caring about each other and listening to our customers.
We’re committed to continuous learning and are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. This commitment will be reflected in our hiring processes and embedded in our values and how we treat one another. If you’re interested in this role, but do not meet all of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply anyways.
Magnet Forensics is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible recruitment process and work environment. Accommodation is available to all applicants upon request throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, please let our talent team know, or you can email email@example.com.