Digital Content Designer
Waterloo, ON, Canada
Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2023
Who We Are; What We Do; Where we’re Going
Magnet Forensics is a global leader in the development of digital investigative software that acquires, analyzes, and shares evidence from computers, smartphones, tablets and other IoT related devices. We are continually innovating so that our customers can deploy advanced and effective tools to protect their companies, communities, and countries.
Earlier this year, we shared the exciting news that Grayshift and Magnet Forensics have come together as one organization to accelerate innovation and transform digital investigations for our customers. We’re pleased to share that the combined organization is operating as Magnet Forensics.
The combination of mobile, cloud and computer forensics expertise under the Magnet Forensics name underscores our dedication to providing comprehensive, end-to-end DFIR solutions. This includes our commitment to helping with access to modern digital devices lawfully with our renowned product suite. And, our focus on innovating for the DFIR community, along with our shared mission, continues to be the top priority.
The Digital Content Designer position creates and maintains digital content for Magnet Forensics software products. This position will work with a cross functional team of product managers, developers, testers, forensics investigators and technical support specialists to ensure digital content is created and updated appropriately
- Work closely with Product Management, Development, Testing and Marketing to successfully deliver assigned digital content projects
- Create new digital content based on user stories, feature requirement documents, specifications, information from developers and product managers
- Revise digital content to incorporate product updates and product enhancements requested by customers and internal users
- Proofread and edit digital content to ensure consistency of language and style, correct application of templates
- Partner with the Technical Support team to understand and respond to customer need
- Bachelor’s Degree in instructional design, education, or a related field or related field
- 3-5 years experience in a digital content design position
- Knowledge of instructional theory, including assessment
- Proficiency with learning management systems (LMS) and design platforms
- Understanding of web site design and accessibility best practices
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Strong proficiency in proofreading/editing, writing, and verbal communication
- Strong sense of teamwork, personal integrity, and accountability
- Ability to work with cross functional teams
- Highly organized with great attention to detail and strong time management skillsStrong selfstarter attitude with excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to learn and a passion for new technologies
- Experience using JIRA for issue tracking
- Familiar with source control software such as Git and Gerrit
- Having some experience using HTML and CSS is a plus
The Most Important Thing
- We’re looking for candidates that can provide examples of how they have demonstrated Magnet InteGRITy in their previous experiences:
- Greater Good – We think beyond our own interests and strive to improve communities around the world. This demonstrates our passion for making a difference in the world.
- Respect – We hold ourselves accountable through transparent sharing of information and we have faith in each other’s abilities
- Innovation – We lead the industry in excellence and reliability while keeping the user experience simple and relevant. We are not afraid to push the boundaries to stay ahead of our competitors.
- Teamwork – We collaborate internally and externally, while caring about each other and listening to our customers.
We’re committed to continuous learning and are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. This commitment will be reflected in our hiring processes and embedded in our values and how we treat one another. If you’re interested in this role, but do not meet all of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply anyways.
Magnet Forensics is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.