Senior Business Analyst - Marketing
Marketing & Communications, IT
Waterloo, ON, Canada · Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Friday, November 10, 2023
Who We Are; What We Do; Where we’re Going
Magnet Forensics is a global leader in the development of digital investigative software that acquires, analyzes, and shares evidence from computers, smartphones, tablets and other IoT related devices. We are continually innovating so that our customers can deploy advanced and effective tools to protect their companies, communities, and countries.
Earlier this year, we shared the exciting news that Grayshift and Magnet Forensics have come together as one organization to accelerate innovation and transform digital investigations for our customers. We’re pleased to share that the combined organization is operating as Magnet Forensics.
The combination of mobile, cloud and computer forensics expertise under the Magnet Forensics name underscores our dedication to providing comprehensive, end-to-end DFIR solutions. This includes our commitment to helping with access to modern digital devices lawfully with our renowned product suite. And, our focus on innovating for the DFIR community, along with our shared mission, continues to be the top priority.
As a Senior Business Analyst at Magnet, you will be part of a fast-moving team of technology and process improvement-oriented people with the common goal of improving how Magnet operates. Business Analysts will partner with business functions to understand strategic direction and will not only support but will also drive, and architect system and process solutions that enable those strategic goals. As a business analyst you will decompose business requirements into system capabilities and work with the technical team to bring solutions to fruition.
What You Will Accomplish
· Run weekly sprint planning meeting, serve as the facilitator between business systems and the business function.
· Derive departmental objectives with leaders and support the planning of reaching those objectives.
· Partake in strategic direction planning sessions and support the overall understanding of complexity and resource requirements.
· Analyze both process and technical solutions on how to build and deploy new system functionality.
· Act as an expert resource to business leads and team members in designing business processes that introduce efficiencies.
· Creating and maintaining documentation on processes, policies, and help related materials for team members.
· Assist technical consultants with the development of technical documentation of existing and future applications.
· Writing detailed descriptions and workflow diagrams of users current and projected needs program functions, and steps required to modify.
· Gather and draft requirements and functional specification documents.
· Provide change management support during system implementation.
What We Are Looking For
We’re looking for someone who checks off most, but not all, of the boxes listed in “skills and experiences”. It’s more important to us to find candidates who can display indicators of success through skills they have developed and experiences they have been a part of, than to find folks who have ‘been there, done that”. We want to be part of your development journey, and we’ll learn as much from you as you learn from us.
There are a few must haves, but we will keep that list short:
· Bachelor's degree or diploma in relevant field
· 5 + years’ experience work implementing and improving dynamic business process & systems
· 3 + years’ experience working with marketing business teams
· Experience with Salesforce.com and other marketing systems
The Most Important Thing
We’re looking for candidates that can provide examples of how they have demonstrated Magnet InteGRITy in their previous experiences:
Greater Good – We think beyond our own interests and strive to improve communities around the world. This demonstrates our passion for making a difference in the world.
Respect – We hold ourselves accountable through transparent sharing of information and we have faith in each other’s abilities
Innovation – We lead the industry in excellence and reliability while keeping the user experience simple and relevant. We are not afraid to push the boundaries to stay ahead of our competitors.
Teamwork – We collaborate internally and externally, while caring about each other and listening to our customers.
We’re committed to continuous learning and are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. This commitment will be reflected in our hiring processes and embedded in our values and how we treat one another. If you’re interested in this role, but do not meet all of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply anyways.
Magnet Forensics is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.