Waterloo, ON, Canada
Posted on Friday, November 10, 2023
Who We Are; What We Do; Where we’re Going
Magnet Forensics is a global leader in the development of digital investigative software that acquires, analyzes, and shares evidence from computers, smartphones, tablets and other IoT related devices. We are continually innovating so that our customers can deploy advanced and effective tools to protect their companies, communities, and countries.
Earlier this year, we shared the exciting news that Grayshift and Magnet Forensics have come together as one organization to accelerate innovation and transform digital investigations for our customers. We’re pleased to share that the combined organization is operating as Magnet Forensics.
The combination of mobile, cloud and computer forensics expertise under the Magnet Forensics name underscores our dedication to providing comprehensive, end-to-end DFIR solutions. This includes our commitment to helping with access to modern digital devices lawfully with our renowned product suite. And, our focus on innovating for the DFIR community, along with our shared mission, continues to be the top priority.
How we work:
We are a dynamic team who are passionate about the work we do. We are inspired because our work makes a difference and there is a shared sense of purpose in our culture.
We work in cross functional teams to regularly experiment, iterate, and deliver on new goals, pushing the boundaries in everything we do to bring world class digital forensics tools to law enforcement, government agencies, and corporations.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for a Forensic Consultant to support our organization by advancing awareness and knowledge of industry relevant topics to forensic professionals in working within the DFIR community. This candidate will play a key role in driving awareness and helping to advance Magnet Forensics’ leadership position. You will be presented as a subject matter expert and industry thought leader who will work to closely monitor various communication platforms the DFIR community utilizes when seeking guidance on problems they are facing. This role will interact with all areas of our business, including marketing, sales, training, product development, and product management.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert for the marketing, sales and product management teams as it relates to digital forensics within the DFIR community.
- Provide industry-leading support to the DFIR ListServ’s Magnet are members of (DF Discord, AICIS, HTCC, HTCIA, etc). Support including for both Magnet products as well as thought leadership to questions posed by community members
- Provide support to the Communications team by being a featured contributor to the Magnet Forensics blog and researching and writing posts and white papers on relevant digital forensics topics
- Review and edit marketing content to ensure it resonates with the DFIR community
- Create and present informative webinars on Magnet’s products and thought leadership content to groups of forensic professionals
- Provide effective and compelling demos of Magnet products in both a one on one and group setting
- Provide feedback to the product marketing, product management and product development teams as it relates to shaping new products and monthly releases
- Occasional travel throughout North America (and occasionally Europe and APAC) to support marketing, sales and training events
- Other duties as required
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in digital forensics
- Bachelor's degree or diploma in Computer Forensics, Cyber Security, Computer Science or Engineering (or an alternative applicable degree) or equivalent relevant experience in market
- Experience in researching forensics trends and technologyExperience in various types of investigations including but not limited to: Windows / Mac / Linux, Mobile, and Cloud investigations.
- Experience working with numerous digital forensics tools
- Experience in either law enforcement or corporate investigations and report creation
- Strong written and verbal communications
- Outgoing personality; you thrive in environments where you are the subject matter expert, eager to present and share your knowledge in small or large groups
- Ability to effectively engage with customers and share your technical expertise
- Self-starter; comfortable with seeking out new opportunities to help advance Magnet’s position within the Forensics community
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to travel
The Most Important Thing
- We’re looking for candidates that can provide examples of how they have demonstrated Magnet InteGRITy in their previous experiences:
- Greater Good – We think beyond our own interests and strive to improve communities around the world. This demonstrates our passion for making a difference in the world.
- Respect – We hold ourselves accountable through transparent sharing of information and we have faith in each other’s abilities
- Innovation – We lead the industry in excellence and reliability while keeping the user experience simple and relevant. We are not afraid to push the boundaries to stay ahead of our competitors.
- Teamwork – We collaborate internally and externally, while caring about each other and listening to our customers.
We’re committed to continuous learning and are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. This commitment will be reflected in our hiring processes and embedded in our values and how we treat one another. If you’re interested in this role, but do not meet all of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply anyways.
Magnet Forensics is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.