Software Engineer - DevOps
Halifax, NS, Canada
Posted on Thursday, September 14, 2023
Who We Are; What We Do; Where we’re Going
Magnet Forensics is a global leader in the development of digital investigative software that acquires, analyzes, and shares evidence from computers, smartphones, tablets and other IoT related devices. We are continually innovating so that our customers can deploy advanced and effective tools to protect their companies, communities, and countries.
Earlier this year, we shared the exciting news that Grayshift and Magnet Forensics have come together as one organization to accelerate innovation and transform digital investigations for our customers. We’re pleased to share that the combined organization is operating as Magnet Forensics.
The combination of mobile, cloud and computer forensics expertise under the Magnet Forensics name underscores our dedication to providing comprehensive, end-to-end DFIR solutions. This includes our commitment to helping with access to modern digital devices lawfully with our renowned product suite. And, our focus on innovating for the DIFR community, along with our shared mission, continues to be the top priority.
We are seeking a DevOps Engineer your primary role is to modernize, automate, and maintain our product, GrayKey, hardware provisioning process. We are looking for a self-motivated individual with a passion for building scalable solutions to track and deliver customized hardware and software. If you like to build things, then this is the place for you!
- Design robust, maintainable, scalable provisioning solutions
- Implement and integrate automated systems to provision, test, and deploy software.
- Scope and specify hardware and software and required to build, test, and deploy software.
- Create tools in support of Development Team requirements.
- Take initiative, build strong teams, communicate effectively.
- 2+ years of experience in CI/CD, DevOps, or SRE role
- Proficient in Linux system administration
- Proficient in Python and bash shell scripting
- Proficient with Build tools (e.g., make) and building software.
- Experience using git repositories.
- Experience with container technologies including: VMs (VmWare & KVM), Docker, and Kubernetes
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
The Most Important Thing
- We’re looking for candidates that can provide examples of how they have demonstrated Magnet InteGRITy in their previous experiences:
- Greater Good – We think beyond our own interests and strive to improve communities around the world. This demonstrates our passion for making a difference in the world.
- Respect – We hold ourselves accountable through transparent sharing of information and we have faith in each other’s abilities.
- Innovation – We lead the industry in excellence and reliability while keeping the user experience simple and relevant. We are not afraid to push the boundaries to stay ahead of our competitors.
- Teamwork – We collaborate internally and externally, while caring about each other and listening to our customers.
We’re committed to continuous learning and are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. This commitment will be reflected in our hiring processes and embedded in our values and how we treat one another. If you’re interested in this role, but do not meet all of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply anyways.
Magnet Forensics is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.