Senior Systems Administrator
Software Engineering, IT
Herndon, VA, USA
Posted on Saturday, August 19, 2023
Who We Are; What We Do; Where we’re Going
Magnet Forensics is a global leader in the development of digital investigative software that acquires, analyzes, and shares evidence from computers, smartphones, tablets and other IoT related devices. We are continually innovating so that our customers can deploy advanced and effective tools to protect their companies, communities, and countries.
Earlier this year, we shared the exciting news that Grayshift and Magnet Forensics have come together as one organization to accelerate innovation and transform digital investigations for our customers. We’re pleased to share that the combined organization is operating as Magnet Forensics.
The combination of mobile, cloud and computer forensics expertise under the Magnet Forensics name underscores our dedication to providing comprehensive, end-to-end DFIR solutions. This includes our commitment to helping with access to modern digital devices lawfully with our renowned product suite. And, our focus on innovating for the DIFR community, along with our shared mission, continues to be the top priority.
Reporting to the IT Operations Manager, the Senior Systems Administrator is responsible for effective provisioning, installation and configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. The Senior Systems Administrator participates in day-to-day operations, technical research, project development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure.
- Working through technical issues, and responsibility for related follow-up and providing timely updates on issues
- Technical design and deployment of internal and external facing systems
- Understanding security risks and security technologies
- Documenting internal procedures and knowledgebase articles for end-users
- Provide comprehensive infrastructure-related support to our global employees
- Performing updates, audit and configuration changes of systems and software as well as documenting the configuration of the system
- System monitoring/configuration, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes
- Reviewing system and application logs, and verifying scheduled jobs
- Providing support outside normal hours of work
- Other duties with competence as assigned
- Degree/Diploma in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 4 + years’ technical experience including administration and support of technical infrastructure
- Expert knowledge of Windows Platform, Apple OS X, Apple iOS, and Android
- Expert knowledge of Active Directory and Group Policy and Directory Services/LDAP
- Considerable knowledge in virtualization technologies (Hyper-V, VMware)
- Considerable knowledge in cloud technology & supporting infrastructure (365, Azure)
- Considerable knowledge in Linux/Unix technologies
- Knowledge of security and firewall technologies
- Knowledge of storage technologies (SAN, NFS)
- Knowledge of networking technologies (i.e. TCP, Routing, Switching, Firewalls)
- Knowledge of relational databases (Microsoft SQL Server, Postgres, MySQL)
- Flexibility in scheduling with a willingness to work extra non-standard hours as required
- Strong interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrable track record dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering measurable results in an agile environment
The Most Important Thing
- We’re looking for candidates that can provide examples of how they have demonstrated Magnet InteGRITy in their previous experiences:
- Greater Good – We think beyond our own interests and strive to improve communities around the world. This demonstrates our passion for making a difference in the world.
- Respect – We hold ourselves accountable through transparent sharing of information and we have faith in each other’s abilities
- Innovation – We lead the industry in excellence and reliability while keeping the user experience simple and relevant. We are not afraid to push the boundaries to stay ahead of our competitors.
- Teamwork – We collaborate internally and externally, while caring about each other and listening to our customers.
We’re committed to continuous learning and are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. This commitment will be reflected in our hiring processes and embedded in our values and how we treat one another. If you’re interested in this role, but do not meet all of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply anyways.
Magnet Forensics is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.