Halifax, NS, Canada
Posted on Tuesday, August 15, 2023
Who We Are; What We Do; Where we’re Going
Magnet Forensics is a global leader in the development of digital investigative software that acquires, analyzes, and shares evidence from computers, smartphones, tablets and other IoT related devices. We are continually innovating so that our customers can deploy advanced and effective tools to protect their companies, communities, and countries.
Earlier this year, we shared the exciting news that Grayshift and Magnet Forensics have come together as one organization to accelerate innovation and transform digital investigations for our customers. We’re pleased to share that the combined organization is operating as Magnet Forensics.
The combination of mobile, cloud and computer forensics expertise under the Magnet Forensics name underscores our dedication to providing comprehensive, end-to-end DFIR solutions. This includes our commitment to helping with access to modern digital devices lawfully with our renowned product suite. And, our focus on innovating for the DIFR community, along with our shared mission, continues to be the top priority.
The Engineering team is focused on producing software that solves the most important problems facing digital forensics professionals today. Our algorithms make sense of data that is often hidden, corrupted, or incomplete. We write well-tested, performant code and build intuitive UIs because we know that minutes can make a difference in national terrorism cases and life-or-death situations.
We are a community of smart, passionate, humble people who recognize that solving the industry’s toughest problems requires constant collaboration, continuous learning, and frequent doses of humour – come prepared for emojis, GIFs, team jokes, and questionable Photoshop skills.
A Software Developer on the Examine team contributes to initiatives to build new and improve current features within our Examine product. We’re looking for someone with a desire to make a difference, strong problem-solving skills, and a curious mind to deliver a great digital forensics experience to our customers!
What You Will Accomplish
- Design and implement new Examine features as part of our flagship product AXIOM
- Continuous improvement on existing features
- Take ownership over the quality of the code you produce – write clean and testable code
- Collaborate with your direct team members as well as the broader engineering organization to drive innovation
- Adapt to changes as they arise from business & customer needs
- Be an active team member with fellow talented developers and software testers
- Accountable and take ownership of your projects
- Supported investment in your learning & professional development
What We Are Looking For We’re looking for
- We’re looking for someone who checks off most, but not all, of the boxes listed in “skills and experiences”. It’s more important to us to find candidates who can display indicators of success through skills they have developed and experiences they have been a part of, than to find folks who have ‘been there, done that”. We want to be part of your development journey, and we’ll learn as much from you as you learn from us.
- There are a couple must haves, but we will keep that list short:
- You have post-secondary education in software engineering, computer or electrical engineering, computer science, math, or related field
- 4 years plus proven experience as a Software Engineer or in a similar role, demonstrating hands-on experience in software development
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented programming languages, preferably C#
- Strong knowledge of .NET Framework
- Curious and have a proven ability to learn quickly
- Ability to contribute to technical discussions with peers and stakeholders
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills to overcome difficult and unique challenges
- You like working in a collaborative environment with smart, funny, and interesting people
The Most Important Thing
- We’re looking for candidates that can provide examples of how they have demonstrated Magnet InteGRITy in their previous experiences:
- Greater Good – We think beyond our own interests and strive to improve communities around the world. This demonstrates our passion for making a difference in the world.
- Respect – We hold ourselves accountable through transparent sharing of information and we have faith in each other’s abilities
- Innovation – We lead the industry in excellence and reliability while keeping the user experience simple and relevant. We are not afraid to push the boundaries to stay ahead of our competitors.
- Teamwork – We collaborate internally and externally, while caring about each other and listening to our customers.
We’re committed to continuous learning and are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. This commitment will be reflected in our hiring processes and embedded in our values and how we treat one another. If you’re interested in this role, but do not meet all of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply anyways.
Magnet Forensics is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.