Sales Development Representative - North America
Sales & Business Development
Waterloo, ON, Canada
Posted on Friday, August 11, 2023
Who We Are; What We Do; Where we’re Going
Magnet Forensics is a global leader in the development of digital investigative software that acquires, analyzes, and shares evidence from computers, smartphones, tablets and other IoT related devices. We are continually innovating so that our customers can deploy advanced and effective tools to protect their companies, communities, and countries.
Earlier this year, we shared the exciting news that Grayshift and Magnet Forensics have come together as one organization to accelerate innovation and transform digital investigations for our customers. We’re pleased to share that the combined organization is operating as Magnet Forensics.
The combination of mobile, cloud and computer forensics expertise under the Magnet Forensics name underscores our dedication to providing comprehensive, end-to-end DFIR solutions. This includes our commitment to helping with access to modern digital devices lawfully with our renowned product suite. And, our focus on innovating for the DIFR community, along with our shared mission, continues to be the top priority.
At Magnet Forensics, the Sales Development Reps are the frontlines of the Customer experience. Working closely with the Sales and Marketing teams, the Sales Development Representative (SDR) is a key player in our strategic growth plans. Through a combination of top of funnel activities, including both inbound lead response and outbound prospecting, the SDR will generate and qualify sales opportunities for our Account Executives. The most exciting part of this role is the opportunity for growth. At Magnet Forensics, successful SDRs will learn the fundamentals of Sales and Marketing, providing a foundation for a career in Business Development, Sales, Marketing, and more!
This is a hybrid role with some in-office days and is based in Waterloo, ON.
What You Will Accomplish
· Qualify all sales leads generated by marketing, based on defined lead qualification criteria.
· Leverage prospecting strategies, including phone, email, and social networking to connect with prospective customers, identify their needs and challenges, and qualify their interest.
· Work closely with our sales team (Account Executives) to schedule discovery meetings with sales ready leads/prospects.
· Leverage a variety of marketing and sales tools that will be available for your use, to maximize your efficiency and effectiveness, including Prospecting tools (ex. SalesLoft, ZoomInfo, LinkedIn Navigator) and Marketing Automation tools (ex. Pardot).
· Manage new contacts via our CRM platform (Salesforce) to ensure accuracy for long term pipeline development.
· Provide friendly and knowledgeable service to prospects on a consistent basis and build strong relationships.
· Work as part of a cross-functional team and build strong relationships across the organization.
· The primary focus of this role is Inbound Lead Response (75%) with additional attention on Outbound Prospecting (25%).
What We Are Looking For
We’re looking for someone who checks off most, but not all, of the boxes listed in “skills and experiences”. It’s more important to us to find candidates who can display indicators of success through skills they have developed and experiences they have been a part of, than to find folks who have ‘been there, done that”. We want to be part of your development journey, and we’ll learn as much from you as you learn from us.
There are a few must haves, but we will keep that list short:
· You have 2+ years' experience in sales or customer service roles, and can work under pressure.
· You have a University degree or College diploma in Business, Marketing or equivalent, and leverage it to be a critical thinker that enjoys solving complex challenges.
· You have strong analytical, relational and negotiation skills, as well as excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· You are goal-oriented and full of drive, with an innate desire to succeed.
· You are passionate about developing new skills and building a network of peers & mentors.
The Most Important Thing
We’re looking for candidates that can provide examples of how they have demonstrated Magnet InteGRITy in their previous experiences:
Greater Good – We think beyond our own interests and strive to improve communities around the world. This demonstrates our passion for making a difference in the world.
Respect – We hold ourselves accountable through transparent sharing of information and we have faith in each other’s abilities
Innovation – We lead the industry in excellence and reliability while keeping the user experience simple and relevant. We are not afraid to push the boundaries to stay ahead of our competitors.
Teamwork – We collaborate internally and externally, while caring about each other and listening to our customers.
We’re committed to continuous learning and are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. This commitment will be reflected in our hiring processes and embedded in our values and how we treat one another. If you’re interested in this role, but do not meet all of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply anyways.
Magnet Forensics is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.