Senior Product Designer
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Friday, January 12, 2024
We’re LumiQ – an audio-first professional education platform for CPAs. We help CPAs get their continuing professional development (CPD) hours through engaging podcasts with business leaders (the CFOs of Slack, Shopify, Yelp, Yahoo!, TD Bank, and Wealthsimple just to name a few). CPD/CPE is the yearly required learning that CPAs generally dread doing. They’re tired of dealing with boring webinars, irrelevant content and product experiences that are out-of-date. That’s why they’ve flocked to LumiQ and our mission to make professional learning enjoyable.
With hundreds of companies signed up, we’re at the precipice of launching a global movement that’s going to massively change the professional education and podcasting industries. Following our recent Series A, we’ve expanded into the US market and are seeing wonderful early signs of traction.
Despite our lightning growth, we tend not to subscribe to the mantra of “move fast and break things.” Our goal is to build a profitable company, where our employees can learn and grow, and where customers see real value and genuinely enjoy using the product. We are building a company meant to last, and if this resonates with you, we hope you will consider joining us on our journey to transform professional education!
WHO YOU ARE
- 4+ years of hands-on experience in roles such as UX designer, interactive designer, UI designer, or similar roles, demonstrating a strong focus on designing for both mobile and web applications.
- Skilled in designing innovative solutions that effectively address the unique challenges presented by diverse user groups.
- Demonstrates a mastery of information architecture methods to structure content and features in a way that facilitates ease of use, discovery, and completion of tasks.
- As a practitioner of user-centric processes and design thinking principles, you empathize with user needs to deliver solutions that exceed expectations.
- Posses a solid understanding of design theory, including typography, colour, grid principles, and more.
- Proficient in industry-standard design and prototyping tools – particularly Figma – to translate concepts into tangible prototypes that facilitate effective collaboration and iteration.
- Proven track record of producing flawless design artifacts for production-grade projects over 3 or more years, ideally spanning from conception to release and post-release phases.
- Experience with accessibility, localization, and internationalization.
- Ideally possess a Bachelor's degree in UX/Visual Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or a related field – while not mandatory, formal education in these areas is preferred.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key partners to gather feedback, address needs, and extract valuable UX insights, to develop and execute a design strategy for the LumiQ app, ensuring alignment with company goals.
- Collaborate seamlessly with leadership, product management, engineering, content, and marketing teams.
- Design features and enhancements comprehensively, from research and concept development to detailed execution, based on the competitive landscape, user feedback, and business impact.
- Apply expertise in information architecture to organize and structure complex data, and create intuitive interfaces that elevate the user experience.
- Build and prioritize clear, detailed and pixel-perfect design artifacts, including user flows, journey maps, wireframes, prototypes, specifications, and other design documentation.
- Establish and apply design standards, with clear guidelines and documentation for engineering teamsCreate prototypes to facilitate testing, user feedback, assist with development decisions, and mitigate risk.
- Design thoughtful, user-centered digital products and experiences specifically for our native mobile app (iOS and Android) and responsive web app.
- Empathize with users and champion usability and accessibility throughout the design process.
- Drawing on your experience to provide mentorship and guidance to junior designers.
- Foster a culture of curiosity, novelty, experimentation, and build positive change for LumiQ members.
If you think your experience is most of the way there we’d still love to meet you!
This is a flexible hybrid role based out of Toronto, Canada. Employees will be expected to be able to commute to the office 1-2 times per week.
Benefits and Perks
Nomad Policy: Work from anywhere in the world for up to 4 weeks per year.
Hybrid Work Style: The best of both worlds. Enjoy remote work and a downtown Toronto office with snacks, events, and ping pong.
Time Off to Recharge: Great vacation day offerings as well as uncapped sick and mental health days.
Health Benefits: Medical, dental, and health spending account.
Monthly Social Events: Connect with your colleagues during baseball games, taco bars, escape rooms, and more.
Flexibility: We don't mind if you need to run to a mid-day appointment or pick up your kid early from school.
Endless Learning: Our platform isn't just for accountants. Listen to podcasts on soft skills, career development, leadership, and more.
LumiQ Clubs: Join an existing club or start your own.