Business Development Representative
Sales & Business Development
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Wednesday, August 16, 2023
We’re LumiQ – an audio-first professional education platform for CPAs. We help CPAs get their continuing professional development (CPD) hours through engaging podcasts with business leaders (the CFOs of Slack, Shopify, Yelp, Yahoo!, TD Bank, and Wealthsimple just to name a few). CPD/CPE is the yearly required learning that CPAs generally dread doing. They’re tired of dealing with boring webinars, irrelevant content and product experiences that are out-of-date. That’s why they’ve flocked to LumiQ and our mission to make professional learning enjoyable.
With hundreds of companies signed up, we’re at the precipice of launching a global movement that’s going to massively change the professional education and podcasting industries. Following our recent Series A, we’ve expanded into the US market and are seeing wonderful early signs of traction.
Despite our lightning growth, we tend not to subscribe to the mantra of “move fast and break things.” Our goal is to build a profitable company, where our employees can learn and grow, and where customers see real value and genuinely enjoy using the product. We are building a company meant to last, and if this resonates with you, we hope you will consider joining us on our journey to transform professional education!
What You'll Be Doing:
- As part of our growing sales team, you’ll be responsible for researching, prospecting and sequencing our potential clients to book calls for our Account Executives. Sequencing includes emails, cold calls and other forms of messaging and communication to our potential customers.
- Through our BDR program, we’ll teach you everything you need to know about starting your career in sales. By learning how to consistently book meetings and develop a pipeline, you’ll be able to succeed in the world of SaaS sales and take part in the amazing opportunity the industry provides. Provided your successful in this role, there is potential to transition to an Account Executive and be responsible for the full-cycle sales process.
Who You Are:
- You’ve shown a past interest in sales – whether that was in a summer job, a side hustle or negotiating with your parents over an extended curfew.
- You hate to lose; you’re highly motivated, with a competitive personality.
- You have a strong mental fortitude (i.e. you handle rejection well). You can motivate yourself and you want to succeed no matter what.
- You’re a strong and confident communicator.
- You want to learn, and you take feedback well.
- You don’t make spelling or grammar mistakes in emails.
- You can focus on more than one thing at a time.
- You’re naturally curious about random things, and you can pick up new skills and software quickly
If you think your experience is most of the way there we’d still love to meet you!
This is a flexible hybrid role based out of Toronto, Canada. Employees will be expected to be able to commute to the office for some team and company-based activities.
Benefits and Perks
Nomad Policy: Work from anywhere in the world for up to 4 weeks per year.
Hybrid Work Style: The best of both worlds. Enjoy remote work and a downtown Toronto office with snacks, events, and ping pong.
Time Off to Recharge: Great vacation day offerings as well as uncapped sick and mental health days.
Health Benefits: Medical, dental, and health spending account.
Monthly Social Events: Connect with your colleagues during baseball games, taco bars, escape rooms, and more.
Flexibility: We don't mind if you need to run to a mid-day appointment or pick up your kid early from school.
Endless Learning: Our platform isn't just for accountants. Listen to podcasts on soft skills, career development, leadership, and more.
LumiQ Clubs: Join an existing club or start your own.