Software Developer (Core Experience)
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Monday, September 25, 2023
Loopio is a workplace that unleashes learning & growth opportunities for our Loopers. We provide autonomous, challenging work that allows each employee to master their craft. We attract and retain people who are naturally curious, have grit and are eager to grow and build their careers. At Loopio, we genuinely support each other, because true success comes from working as #oneteam.
Loopio is looking for a passionate and endlessly curious Software Developer to join our talented Software Engineers in our Core Experience team. You’ll be on a mission to enable Response Managers to easily and efficiently complete high quality responses. If you are a passionate software engineer who always looks at opportunities to improve your mastery, and enjoys working in a fast paced collaborative environment, you will be successful in this role.
- Templating and core pattern improvements that provide efficiencies
- Realtime collaboration and updates using WebSockets
- Developing reporting solutions that provide data-driven insights
What You'll Be Doing
- Working with a team of developers to build end-to-end features from scratch.
- Collaborating closely with our Product Managers and Product Designers in an agile environment to bring features to life and iterate on them based on our customers' feedback.
- Using your knowledge of full stack development to support the team where needed, whether frontend or backend - all of the ‘ends’.
- Participating in all Scrum rituals (planning, backlog grooming, sprint review, retrospectives and daily standups).
- Contributing to the transition of our application to a service-based architecture.
- Squashing bugs as they come up because you have a focus on quality software.
What You'll Bring to the Team
- 3 years of professional software development experience
- Strong understanding of upstream testing practices and ability to build out robust test cases (unit, functional, E2E, etc.)
- Strong Backend/API background and excellent RDBMS knowledge
- Proficient in using and designing RESTful APIs
- Strong knowledge of PHP, MySQL
- Experience in the following is a plus: Typescript, AWS, Cypress, Elasticsearch
Where You'll Work
- Loopio is a remote-first workplace because we recognize the advantages of working flexibly. We have two Hub Regions, which means that employees live and work within a 300 KM radius of Toronto (within Ontario) or Vancouver (within British Columbia) and work within regular business hours in their timezone.
- Loopio’s office headquarters are located in Toronto’s vibrant Kensington Market. All Loopers have the option to work from home. Ontario Loopers have the option to work in the Toronto HQ and BC Loopers may work from our co-working office in Gastown Vancouver. It is whatever works best for you!
- You’ll collaborate with your teams virtually (we’re just a Zoom call away!) and have established core sync hours and focus time during the workday to enable us to work smarter together
Why You'll Love Working at Loopio
- Your manager supports your development by providing ongoing feedback and regular 1-on-1s
- You have tons of autonomy and responsibility: this role provides an opportunity to try new things and push creative boundaries
- You’ll learn more than you thought was possible; our team is obsessed with personal and professional growth (every Looper receives a professional mastery allowance each year)
- You’ll be set up to work remotely with a MacBook laptop, a monthly phone and internet allowance, and a work-from-home budget to help get your home office all set up!
- Join us in regular company socials, AMA (Ask-Me-Anything), and quarterly kick-off to celebrate the big wins and milestones as #oneteam!
- You’ll be joining a culture that has thoughtfully built out opportunities for connections in a remote-first environment.
- We have Employee Resource Groups, House Teams (curious? ask us about it!), virtual yoga, cooking classes and many more moments for us to have fun and learn together!
- You’ll be a part of an award-winning workplace and one of Canada’s fastest-growing companies with ample opportunity to make a big impact here!
We recognize that all too often, potential candidates don’t apply for a position simply because they don’t hit every single criteria included in the job description—particularly members of underrepresented groups.
Whether or not your experience checks off all the boxes on a job posting, we still encourage you to apply to ensure that your application receives a review from our team. We understand that a resume can only showcase so much during the applicant stage, so we've created prompts in the application for you to share more about yourself. If you've made a career transition (or a few!), you’re self taught in a new role, or you have skills/experience you’d like to highlight, we want to hear more about what you could bring to the table.