Outbound Business Development Representative
Sales & Business Development
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Tuesday, September 19, 2023
Loopio is a workplace that unleashes learning & growth opportunities for our Loopers. We provide autonomous, challenging work that allows each employee to master their craft. We attract and retain people who are naturally curious, have grit and are eager to grow and build their careers. At Loopio, we genuinely support each other, because true success comes from working as #oneteam.
Loopio is looking for Business Development Representatives to join our growing Sales Team! In this role you will be responsible for creating qualified sales opportunities, building a sales pipeline and generating new business leads. You’ll have the opportunity to work closely with our Account Executives to identify new pipeline and sales leads. You will be joining an ambitious Sales Development team, with the opportunity to make an impact on our top of funnel activity!
What You'll Be Doing
- Prospect and develop new business sales opportunities through multi-channel cold outbound calls, emails, and social outreach.
- Engage with prospects through emails and phone calls to learn about their needs and get them excited about the Loopio platform
- Qualify sales leads by conducting high level conversations with executives
- Strategize with team members to innovate & improve the overall sales development process
- Conduct sales development best practices with email, phone, and social drips using enablement technology to connect with new prospects
- Work closely and collaboratively with the sales team to develop and implement appropriate prospect communication plans
- Work internally with Account Executives to ensure proper quality and quantity of Loopio demonstrations
What You'll Bring to the Team
- Minimum of 1 year of professional quota carrying sales and or business development experience
- Has experience cold calling, qualifying inbound leads, and handling customer/prospect objectives
- Strong work ethic with the confidence to work autonomously
- Highly motivated to succeed both individually and with a young and fast-growing company - You’ve been known to exceed your KPI targets!
- Self-aware individual who is eager to contribute feedback and ideas
- Naturally curious; you love learning and improving yourself
- Excellent written and oral communication, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Salesforce (CRM) experience is a plus!
- Experience prospecting into organizations with 500+ employees is a plus!
Where You'll Work
- Loopio’s office headquarters are located in Toronto’s vibrant Kensington Market (310 Spadina Ave). With our Sales Development team based primarily in Ontario, we are looking to hire this role in our Toronto Hub. There will be regular opportunities for the BDR Team to gather in our beautiful downtown Toronto office to work closely, collaborate, and connect with fellow teammates.
- Right now, Loopio has two Hub Regions, which is our Toronto and Vancouver Hub Region and our teams have established core sync hours and focus time during the workday to enable us to work smarter together.
Why You'll Love Working at Loopio
- Your manager supports your development by providing ongoing feedback and regular 1-on-1s.
- You have tons of autonomy and responsibility: this role provides an opportunity to try new things and push creative boundaries.
- You’ll learn more than you thought was possible; our team is obsessed with personal and professional growth (every Looper receives a professional mastery allowance each year).
- You’ll be set up to work remotely with a MacBook laptop, a monthly phone and internet allowance, and a work-from-home budget to help get your home office all set up!
- Join us in quarterly company celebrations and company-wide annual retreat to celebrate the big wins and milestones as #oneteam!
- You’ll be joining a culture that has thoughtfully built out opportunities for connections in a remote first environment.
- We have Employee Resource Groups, House Teams (curious? ask us about it!), virtual yoga, cooking classes and many more moments for us to have fun and learn together!
- You’ll be a part of an award-winning workplace and one of Canada’s fastest growing companies with ample opportunity to make a big impact here!
We recognize that all too often, potential candidates don’t apply for a position simply because they don’t hit every single criteria included in the job description—particularly members of underrepresented groups.
Whether or not your experience checks off all the boxes on a job posting, we still encourage you to apply to ensure that your application receives a review from our team. We understand that a resume can only showcase so much during the applicant stage, so we've created prompts in the application for you to share more about yourself. If you've made a career transition (or a few!), you’re self taught in a new role, or you have skills/experience you’d like to highlight, we want to hear more about what you could bring to the table.